PDA

View Full Version : Fk1 #425

Pages : [1] 2

Mad iX
10-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Used this twice now on 2 different cars.

Dare I say it, it`s a lot like Z8. A spray sealant with light QD properties.

It goes on very nicely. Doesn`t matter if the paint has a sealant or carnauba, it still finishes up super slick. Works just as well on glass and wheels and smells pretty good too (red fanta).

wannafbody
10-17-2005, 06:57 PM
How would you compare it to EO wipe and shine. I believe it offers protection as well.

stilez
10-17-2005, 07:10 PM
FK1 #425 has easily become my favorite QD.

It enhances slickness, protection, wetness, and overall shine. It also repels dust (try it on your computer/tv) and finishes off streak free (hint hint: use it on windows).

I still need to compare it to Quikshine and EO QD.

The Chee
10-18-2005, 07:04 AM
Does this have cleaning properties? How does it compare to OCW?

Cheers :clap:

mgm2003
10-18-2005, 11:02 AM
I don`t like to QD something dirty because my paint scratches & marrs if I look at it wrong! That said, I use #425 as a LSP (after wax or seal), and after a car wash. It works VERY well with Pink Wax, 218/2180. #425 does well on all colors. I had to hide it because my wife likes using it on the stove top, fridge, glass tables, etc.... (she likes S&G too!!!). Dam*! It`s not like I`m going to start wearing her shoes!!!!!!

I like using it in a 4 oz sprayer because it mists an even pattern and a little goes a long way. I don`t care for the sprayer that comes with #425 -that`s about the only thing that I don`t like about it.

Big Leegr
10-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Does this have cleaning properties? How does it compare to OCW?

Cheers :clap:

Can`t compare the 2, but acccording to the #425 label, it has some cleaning ability. It says it can be used on fingerprints, smudges and light contaminants. That said, their #146 is supposed to have more cleaning ability, while also having waxes in it, but I haven`t found it to be real strong at cleaning (Not in the S+W range, at least).

imported_Bence
10-19-2005, 03:08 PM
FK1 #425 has easily become my favorite QD.

Ditto. And its slickness from the second day on is simply unbelievable!

I examined and compared two panels with my lips ;) , and it is night & day! The other panel had Mothers Reflection on it which is slick enough for the fingertips but the 425 is a stunner! (Be sure that you are alone when you do this...)

DrSauekraut
10-19-2005, 03:42 PM
I’m a big fan of 425 as well :xyxthumbs

Another cool trick is to quickly pass across the console and dash with a slightly dampened MF . . . the anti-static properties are nothing short of extraordinary.

usdm
10-19-2005, 09:03 PM
425 is really great. But I`ve pretty much stopped using it on the paint.

Now I use it to top AIO or 215 when i do the glass. It really helps flick

the water off when at speed. And when I do have to use the wipers,

they don`t chatter when I use this stuff.

AlexRuiz
01-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Well, I ordered also the FK1 #425. For what I read, this is more like a spray wax than a quick detailer. Regular users of it, how good is at removing light dust, fingerprints or similar? What product would you think is pretty close to 425 as far as "quick detailing" abilities for cleaning? I don`t expect it to be in S&W territory for cleaning power, but I don`t expect it to need a just washed surface either.

Thanks

Alex

PS. Leo (Bence) you are the one who convinced me! We need to talk. Eastern European women have a reputation of being gorgeous, and I hope you can introduce one to me because my wife more than likely will kick me out to the garage.... again, but this time for good ;) "You bought what again!!???"

DrSauekraut
01-16-2006, 04:02 AM
FK425 is a QD, not a cleaner or spray wax. Use it on painted surfaces, chrome, and glass.

3Dog
01-16-2006, 08:38 AM
From FK info

on a scale of 1 to 10 for cleaning:

146 has a rating of 5

425 has a rating of 2

Someone asked about OCW. That would be compared to FX100

AlexRuiz
01-16-2006, 09:15 AM
From FK info

on a scale of 1 to 10 for cleaning:

146 has a rating of 5

425 has a rating of 2

Someone asked about OCW. That would be compared to FX100

In that same scale, S&W would be 9-10, correct? How about other quick detailers to give me an idea. Thanks.

Alex

Wasatch
01-16-2006, 12:20 PM
I like the CG stuff try this one rated 7 on cleaning:

http://chemicalguys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PCWCCP&Product_Code=WAC_114&Category_Code=QDS

The Detail Spray (Pink Stuff) also does a great job of cleaning.

3Dog
01-16-2006, 03:05 PM
In that same scale, S&W would be 9-10, correct? How about other quick detailers to give me an idea. Thanks.

Alex

That is a scale from FK, strickly their products.