PDA

View Full Version : Pro Shop Near Central NJ?

E55
10-17-2005, 06:34 AM
I`m hoping to find a pro detailing shop somewhere near central NJ. I`m probably not looking for a full detail. I`m looking for some help/advice, but I am willing to pay for your time. And this might lead to some detailing work.

I won`t go into all the details (no pun intended :LOLOL ) here, but I am having some serious problems with the windows & (it appears) the paint on a new car. I think there might some kind of "micro-scratches" in my glass (& paint :confused: ), but I just can`t tell as I don`t have the experience.

In any case, I know something is wrong with my glass & I don`t know whether it can be fixed, needs to be replaced, etc.

I appreciate any help or pointers.

--

Hook

kompressornsc
10-17-2005, 06:43 AM
If you have an E55, the window scratches are from the roller guides (curse MB!). The only way to prevent them is to put moleskin covers on the guides right off the bat. There is no way to fix them.

imported_mirrorfinishman
10-17-2005, 07:12 AM
You may want to contact Brian Angelucci at Precision Auto & Boat Detailing in Hamilton, NJ.

Here`s a link to his website and his email address.

http://www.precision-online.com/

info@precision-online.com

E55
10-17-2005, 08:09 AM
If you have an E55, the window scratches are from the roller guides (curse MB!). The only way to prevent them is to put moleskin covers on the guides right off the bat. There is no way to fix them.

Yes, I have an MB E55.

Hmmm ... can you explain this more? What are "roller guides"?

Also, if I`m reading this correctly, essentially all MBs will have these scratches on the windows?

--

Hook

kompressornsc
10-17-2005, 08:58 AM
Yes, I have an MB E55.

Hmmm ... can you explain this more? What are "roller guides"?

Also, if I`m reading this correctly, essentially all MBs will have these scratches on the windows?

--

Hook

Pretty much. The guides are just that-the windows slide on them to go up the track. Most people who tint MB Windows will cover the guides with Mole Skin-the guides will shred tint very quickly. Takes a while to scratch untinted windows, but it will still happen-mine are horrible. I`ve talked to a few glass polish makers and they all said the same thing-they`ve found nothing to take the scratches out of MB windows. If the scratches aren`t horrible yet, you might look into getting the roller guides covered. Keeping the windows really clean does lessen the appearance, but I`ve never figured out a product to hide them.

BTW-nice car...wanna race me in my C-Coupe. :)

E55
10-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Pretty much. The guides are just that-the windows slide on them to go up the track. Most people who tint MB Windows will cover the guides with Mole Skin-the guides will shred tint very quickly. Takes a while to scratch untinted windows, but it will still happen-mine are horrible. I`ve talked to a few glass polish makers and they all said the same thing-they`ve found nothing to take the scratches out of MB windows. If the scratches aren`t horrible yet, you might look into getting the roller guides covered. Keeping the windows really clean does lessen the appearance, but I`ve never figured out a product to hide them.

BTW-nice car...wanna race me in my C-Coupe. :)

I understand. And I see that this can`t be my problem, since my windshield & rear window also have these scratches. To date, I haven`t rolled either of these down :grinno:

I love the car (except these windows are driving me crazy).

--

Hook

kompressornsc
10-17-2005, 12:53 PM
I understand. And I see that this can`t be my problem, since my windshield & rear window also have these scratches. To date, I haven`t rolled either of these down :grinno:

I love the car (except these windows are driving me crazy).

--

Hook

Hmmm....maybe someone has tried to clean them with something abrasive. IMHO, MB glass is very soft. I have tons of chips and a few rocks that would have broken the windshield in most cars that just chipped the MB.

Good luck-maybe you can find a pro that will be able to help you out!

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2005, 01:25 PM
(Autopia member) Clean Dean is in Monmouth Cty. http://www.likenewautodetailing.com/

PS--Dean, you need to update your member profile with the correct url!