PDA

View Full Version : Am I going to be happy with this pressure washer?

kpagel
10-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Well, last night I was talking to my dad about how I wanted to buy a pressure washer. He told me he really wanted one as well, and said he`d pay for half of it if I bought one :woot: Anyways, I got really excited and went out today to purchase one. I first tried going to the only local pressure washer supply shop, but it was no longer around, so I got impatient and drove to Sears. I figured most consumer line pressure washers are going to be roughly the same provided they are of a comparable price, so I just went to Sears, found one that fit my price range and needs, and bought this

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=LAWN&pid=07175233000

Now I`m just wondering if I should have shopped around more. I know that you get what you pay for, and I can do much better than anything in the Craftsman line, but this will be used once a week at best. I will use it for washing cars. My dad will use it for general cleaning like the driveway and such. Anyways, I`m not so much worried about the features of this pressure washer as I am longevity. I don`t want to worry about the pump going out right after the warranty expires. Do I have anything to worry about with the amount of use my dad and I will put into it? For the sub-$500 price range, is there another model I should have went with? Thanks for your input and sorry for the long-winded post.

psl car wash
10-14-2005, 08:42 PM
well its a briggs engine........ehhh........... but allthough my 6500 watt generator has a briggs and havnt had a prob except i had to jump start it (excite it) once with my jumper cables and truck! (i powered 7 apartments in florida at once for hurricane jeanne AND frances!!!got 7 hours on it with a 6GAL. tank!!!!!!!!! should be in a commercial for that!! lol)

my preference for a P.W. would/does have a HONDA motor. ;)

but you should be good with that one.......make sure you use it AT LEAST once a month and change the oils when it says to in the manual!!!!!

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE OIL LEVEL AS IT IS PROBABLY EMPTY (shipped empty)

and also make sure you drain the hose and gun of water when your done. :up

kpagel
10-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the reply. From what I read by looking around, everyone prefers the Honda engines. I think I`ll take it back in the morning and head over to Home Depot, their models have Honda engines.

psl car wash
10-15-2005, 06:30 PM
there ya go.

point simple better quality.......

take for instance where the pull cord is attached to your brigss the "spool casing" is attached by means of rivets...........

honda=bolts.

luckily i havent had to replce the cord on the briggs yet!, had to retie it twice on the honda only took 15 mins compared to getting the rivots off=????

kpagel
10-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks again for the replies. I returned the Crapsman model and went to Home Depot and bought an Ex-Cell. Seems a lot of people have them and not many complaints.

psl car wash
10-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Crapsman model . :think:

lol now watch what u say bout CRAFTSMAN they are one of the best , it was what was attached to the CRAFTSMAN that was soso lol........ :LOLOL

kpagel
10-16-2005, 08:33 PM
:think:

lol now watch what u say bout CRAFTSMAN they are one of the best , it was what was attached to the CRAFTSMAN that was soso lol........ :LOLOL

I used to work for Snap-on Tools so it was bad enough that I even CONSIDERED purchasing anything with the Craftsman name on it! :lol

psl car wash
10-16-2005, 08:44 PM
i hear that! lol....i just bought a tire plug kit from snap-on last month........onea the best $30.oo i ever spent!!!