PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Poorboy`s (help)

magic_3216
10-14-2005, 03:30 PM
I just bought my PC 7424 and now am placing an order on some Poorboy`s products. Since I am just a beginner to this, could anybody provide some tips on my procedure.

List of Products Ordered:

PB`S SSR2.5, SSR2

PB`S Professional Polish

EX-P Sealant

Natty`s Blue

LC 6.5" Pad Starter Kit X 2

5" Backing Plate

Spray & Gloss

Procedure:

Wash

Clay (I have existing claybar)

Wash/Dry

SSR2.5 with cutting pad

SSR2 with polishing pad

PB`s Pro Polish with finishing pad

Natty`s Blue with finishing pad

Spray & Gloss for after washes & quick detailing

Like I said, I`m new to this so any help is appreciated.

impulsebrklyn
10-14-2005, 03:34 PM
sounds good might consider other qd`s though. Spray and Gloss is nice but not my choice. Also I would get ssr1 and ssr2.5, 2 and 2.5 are almost the same and ssr1 will provide a better lsp surface. But it depends on the application 2.5 might give you a lsp surface with the right pad. Chris

imported_MCA
10-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Hi Magic... :welcome to Autopia. In regards to your question, I would get the following (my opinion of course):

1) SSR 2.5

2) SSR 1

3) EX-P or EX Blue

4) Natty`s Blue

5) Spray and Gloss QD

In regards to pads, I would get 2 polishing pads for SSR 2.5 and SSR1, 1 cutting pad for SSR 2.5 for moderate to severe marring, and 2 finishing pads for Natty`s and EX-P/EX.

Definitely start off with the SSR 2.5 + polishing pad...less aggressive first, no need to take off more clear than you really need too. I haven`t had the chance to try out S&G so I really can`t comment, but several ppl have said great things about it.

Hope this helps,

MCA

magic_3216
10-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. I`ll take all your comments into consideration.

aaron33
10-14-2005, 08:09 PM
I second the suggestion for 2 pads for SSR2.5. I used a light cut pad and while it gave a very nice surface for your sealant, it was not enough to remove swirls. So now I use a medium cut pad with SSR2.5 first and then move down to the light cut pad + SSR2.5 or SSR1 depending on how much finishing I need.

magic_3216
10-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Just another question, will this remove holograms from my finish? I took my car in to be power polished and long story short, the guy put rotary swirls all over my car.

If not, what products/procedure should I be using?

impulsebrklyn
10-15-2005, 04:43 AM
yes these products will remove them. Good luck!

cwcad
10-15-2005, 07:27 AM
HI THERE!

I think that you have the right idea. Everyone has given appropriate advice.

I have one recommendation that is strictly an opinion. I would apply Natty`s Blue by hand with a MF applicator or a foam applicator.

Good Luck!! Have fun!!