PDA

View Full Version : Noob needs some advice

Randyk1
10-14-2005, 12:43 PM
I have a PC 7424 and have been using it for a while. I have been using PC pads, since there is a PC store 5 minutes away making them readily available. My detailing routine usually starts with a dawn wash, claybar, 3M SMR, then NXT. I want to purchase some new products and don`t know where to start. I know I need new pads, which ones should I buy? I will primarily be using them on my black 2005 Mustang GT. Next, if anyone can suggest some new products to use with the pads that would be great. I hear a lot about Zaino and have been itching to use it. Is it alright to apply Zaino using the PC?? I figured that I would post here before I bought something I might regret. Thanks in advance.

atticdog
10-14-2005, 02:37 PM
You can apply zaino with the pc it just might waste abit more product

checkout a harley store and pic up some s100 paste wax and try that over your nxt

also get a good car shampoo instead of useing dawn

what brand are the pads near you?

JeffM
10-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Its ok to wash with dawn like twice a year when you are doing a full detail, but other than that, it just strips off wax.

Heck, even most OTC car washes do too.

I would look into the SFX pad kit from Autopia, or the DAS one.

You can use a polishing pad or a light cutting pad with Zaino`s ZPC swirl remover, or a finishing pad with their sealants like Z2pro or Z5.

If you use ZPC and Z2pro you dont need a dawn wash at all.

How would you rate the finish on your mustang?

Slight swirls

Moderate swirls

severe swirls with scratches?

Randyk1
10-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Its ok to wash with dawn like twice a year when you are doing a full detail, but other than that, it just strips off wax.

Heck, even most OTC car washes do too.

I would look into the SFX pad kit from Autopia, or the DAS one.

You can use a polishing pad or a light cutting pad with Zaino`s ZPC swirl remover, or a finishing pad with their sealants like Z2pro or Z5.

If you use ZPC and Z2pro you dont need a dawn wash at all.

How would you rate the finish on your mustang?

Slight swirls

Moderate swirls

severe swirls with scratches?

I only use dawn when detailing. I use Gold Class when just washing regularly.

The finish of my Mustang is like new, so slight swirls. I have an 05 545i with moderate swirls that I would like to get out as well.