PDA

View Full Version : Polymer or Carnauba or Both??

Tyke
10-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Hi guys, first post so please be gentle, and I`m sure it`s one that`s been asked time and time again...

In a nutshell, I`ve got two ranges of products at home and can`t really make my mind up about them so I`d like some feedback.

Meguiars: NXT wash, Quik Clay, DC1, DC2, NXT liquid wax and Speed Detailer

Swissol: Paint Rubber, Paint Cleaner and Zuffenhausen wax (40% Carnauba paste wax)

My car is a new 2005 Audi TT finished with metallic black paint, so it looks great when done, but it is a pain to keep up.

Basically, the NXT gives great clarity but not the wetness of the Swissol wax and is easier to apply than the carnauba wax.

I`m wondering if it would be a good idea to layer the Swissol on top of a coat of NXT [from what I`ve read, it won`t work the other way around] or just stick with one product or the other.

All of the processes are done by hand by the way and please don`t suggest another range of products, I`m just trying to get the best out of what I already have.

Thanks for looking! :xyxthumbs

Richt
10-14-2005, 03:15 AM
You can top the NXT with a carnuba no problems it will increase depth and wetness IMO. That would be my choice.

If you are finding the Swissol hard to apply maybe change to a easier to use Carnuba there are plenty about.

Tyke
10-14-2005, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the feedback Rich.

Actually the Swissol wax is fairly easy to apply/remove, it`s getting good results from the cleaner that I find difficult.

So then I might have a go at DC1, DC2, NXT then Swissol and forego Swissol`s paint cleaner.

Basically Swissol say you must use the paint cleaner before using their wax [to provide a `key` for the wax on the paint], but from what I`ve read many people do top NXT or similar with a carnauba with good effect so I`m sure that will work.

Only one way to find out I guess, just wish it would stop raining long enough!!! :furious:

Richt
10-14-2005, 04:06 AM
Lots of waxes say you must use there pre wax cleaner first. You will be fine to top the NXT with it.

Once the rain stops I would give it a try.