PDA

View Full Version : Sonus SFX-3 Question

nonwelder
10-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Hi all-

I am interested in this product, and my proposed process is this. SFX 2, SFX 3, Collinite 845, and Natty`s Blue. Question is, would it be worth my while to use VM after SFX 3, or would it be overkill? Thanks for the help!

imported_Picus
10-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Is this on the black car in your sig? If so, I don`t think it`s overkill, but I really don`t know how much it will add to the look. SFX-3 is some of the best finishing polish I`ve ever used, but VM does add some depth/deepness to black, so why the heck not. It certainly won`t hurt anything, and VM doesn`t take long to use.

That`s a nice all-round combo, btw - sound be a fine looking car.

DrSauekraut
10-13-2005, 03:44 PM
I’d pass on the VM. Considering you’re use of the SFX series, the appearance of your finish should be flawless - deep, glossy, and reflective. Adding VM is superfluous . . . save yourself time and head for the LSP’s.

Be sure to post before and after pics :grinno:

atticdog
10-13-2005, 05:31 PM
try the VM on one panel ( passengers door) and the panels around it without VM and see if you notice a difference, then you can decide what to use next time

Mad iX
10-13-2005, 09:23 PM
try the VM on one panel ( passengers door) and the panels around it without VM and see if you notice a difference, then you can decide what to use next time

I gotta agree.

Although I personally wouldn`t use VM. With Collinite and Blue, you`d have to strain to see a difference. So I`d either not use VM, or use it but scratch either Collinite or Blue.

nonwelder
10-14-2005, 06:35 AM
I think I will scratch the VM...I agree that the SFX polishes should look great on the car. Now off to order them!

Brett

nonwelder
10-14-2005, 06:46 AM
Lemme ask..will SFX-2 be effective on light defects in my Audi/VW paint?

Thanks!

TortoiseAWD
10-14-2005, 07:08 AM
Lemme ask..will SFX-2 be effective on light defects in my Audi/VW paint?

Thanks!I`d say it depends on just how light they are. To remove moderate swirls, I usually use SFX-1 and SFX yellow 4" spot pads on my Cyclo. SFX-2 does a great job on light towel marring, hazing from heavier polish, light water marks, etc., and is probably just right for a well-maintained car. For a car with more serious marring, I think you`ll need to step up to SFX-1. I do the occasional paid detail, and for some of the more neglected cars I`ve done, SFX-1 isn`t aggressive enough.

It`s hard to say with any certainty which polish will work on your car . . . it will depend on the severity of the marring, AND how hard your paint is (and Audi paint has a rep for being pretty tough to polish, if I`m not mistaken).

Good luck, HTH.

Tort

nonwelder
10-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Thanks...great help, everyone!

AlexRuiz
10-14-2005, 09:55 AM
I`d say it depends on just how light they are. To remove moderate swirls, I usually use SFX-1 and SFX yellow 4" spot pads on my Cyclo. SFX-2 does a great job on light towel marring, hazing from heavier polish, light water marks, etc., and is probably just right for a well-maintained car. For a car with more serious marring, I think you`ll need to step up to SFX-1. I do the occasional paid detail, and for some of the more neglected cars I`ve done, SFX-1 isn`t aggressive enough.

It`s hard to say with any certainty which polish will work on your car . . . it will depend on the severity of the marring, AND how hard your paint is (and Audi paint has a rep for being pretty tough to polish, if I`m not mistaken).

Good luck, HTH.

Tort

I think the newer versions are stronger. The new SFX-3 (8 oz) has enough punch with a polishing pad (white / green) to take out very minor swirls.

TortoiseAWD
10-17-2005, 07:27 AM
I think the newer versions are stronger. The new SFX-3 (8 oz) has enough punch with a polishing pad (white / green) to take out very minor swirls.Alex,

I was referring to the new versions of the polish.

Tort