PDA

View Full Version : Which order and when should I use these products?

T@sound-xtreme
10-13-2005, 05:22 AM
Meguiars

Hi-Tech Car Wash

Professional Detailing Clay - Aggressive

Cleaner Wax - Paste

Medallion Premium Paint Protection

Gold Class Clear Coat Paste Car Wax

Sonus SFX Ultra Fine Detailing Clay

I have a mr clean autodry, wash mitt, and some micrfiber towles as well as some terry cloth towels.

What should be my order i use these, when, how, and why.

I dont need to use them all, i just want to know what i should use and in what order, also should I throw some polisher in there?

OK first i should use the

1.Hi-Tech Car Wash

2.Sonus SFX Ultra Fine Detailing Clay

3. re wash

4.?

5.?

6.?

Tyler

toml
10-13-2005, 06:11 PM
If you have any marring that you want to get rid of, then you should use a polish as step 4, that is assuming that your re-wash of step 3 included drying the car. And, depending on the polish used, you might be able to go right to your LSP (i.e., wax or sealant).

If you don`t have any marring, then I think you could just go with the cleaner wax and leave it at that or top with MPPP or the Gold Class wax.

T@sound-xtreme
10-14-2005, 06:49 AM
If you have any marring that you want to get rid of, then you should use a polish as step 4, that is assuming that your re-wash of step 3 included drying the car. And, depending on the polish used, you might be able to go right to your LSP (i.e., wax or sealant).

If you don`t have any marring, then I think you could just go with the cleaner wax and leave it at that or top with MPPP or the Gold Class wax.

Do you mean top with the MPPP or Gold Class wax after the cleaner wax?

Is the MPPP a wax?

I really would like a in depth of what they do.

Tyler

pontman43
10-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Do you mean top with the MPPP or Gold Class wax after the cleaner wax?

Is the MPPP a wax?

I really would like a in depth of what they do.

Tyler

No, its a sealant, which means it will last longer than carnauba wax and gives sharper reflections typically.

First off do you have a PC? If not then I would recomend a glaze to hide swirls instead of a polish by hand. And I would recomend Mothers Seal and Glaze (only one I`ve used) because it hides quite a lot.

Process if all by hand should go:

Wash (dont dry)

Clay (with wash solution when car is still wet)

Rinse

MPPP

Glaze - I`m not 100% shure about this order because of the sealant (sealant wont "stick" to the glaze) and I`m not shure how much it will hide after the sealant.

GC wax

I`m sure other, more experienced people will chime in to further help.

toml
10-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Actually, I don`t know if I`m getting caught up in the "glaze" nomenclature, but the MPPP would typically be a LSP unless you wanted to top it with a carnauba wax.

The "cleaner wax" should provide some cleaning action as well as some wax protection. Some people use it as a 1 step product and leave it at that. Most folks here tend to put more effort into the process. I don`t know what you have, and I don`t know how long the cleaner wax will last, but if you want more protection on the finish, then I`d top with the MPPP sealant or the GC wax or both (MPPP followed by the GC wax). If you top the MPPP with the GC wax, you may want to wait a day between the two to give the sealant time to completely cure. And with the MPPP, be careful on the trim as it will stain.

T@sound-xtreme
10-17-2005, 05:50 AM
thanks for all the info guys, I am doing it all by hand, soooooooo :(

Tyler

Glossmaster
10-17-2005, 06:23 AM
I need some help here.............."NOMENCLATURE"???????? Now I`m not sure what it means.....but man is that an impressive word! Truely "Autopian". lol