PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Metal?

rundatrack
01-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Can ya get metal back to being shiny from that dull cloudy look....My metal trim on my car is the worse....

What are the steps and the products that you recommend if there is a way to get it back... :wha :wha :wha

travisdecpn
01-25-2005, 03:44 PM
A really easy product to use that yields good results is the new polishing soaps from either S100 or P21S. It`s just like a soap with some clay mixed in that is really effective at removing tarnish and imperfections from all kinds of metal. You can get it at almost any of the sponsors. I love the stuff, it`s really easy to use.

RedondoV6
01-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Can ya get metal back to being shiny from that dull cloudy look....My metal trim on my car is the worse....

What are the steps and the products that you recommend if there is a way to get it back... :wha :wha :wha

Do you know what kind of metal are you want to polish? Chrome, Stainless, Aluminum etc?

There are quite a few good metal polishes around, one of my favorites, because it is mild, protects against tarnishing, a little goes a long way and it polishes most metals really well is Simichrome.

I`m sure other members will recommend polishes that work for them.

Rub it out
01-26-2005, 02:07 PM
Mothers Billet polish always worked good for me.