PDA

View Full Version : OCW vs. Mother`s FX Spraywax

MinnS4
10-12-2005, 08:27 AM
I have been using the Mother`s FX Synwax, refreshed periodically with their complementing Spraywax.

The FX Spraywax is very easy to use...shake, spray, wipe off and it gives a great sealant look, very reflective, flakes pop (on my silver Audi).

The slickness is also great.

For durability so far, my car feels noticably slick to the touch even after 4-5 weeks (garaged, several rain drives, not many washes).

I have read great things about OCW here.....my question is for those who have used both the OCW and the Spraywax....any comparisons? Thanks.

AlexRuiz
10-12-2005, 08:56 AM
I don`t think anyone here has used both. OCW has a lot of followers, and it should be for a good reason (I haven`t used it) As we would say here "cuando el rÃ`o suena, agua lleva" (If the river is noisy, it is because it has water....)

However, I use FX spray wax regularly and my only advice is: It may be available easily, but it doesn`t mean it is inferior. In fact, I find it an excellent product will all the fatures to boost a good sealant: Extremely easy to apply and remove, great durability for a spray product, incredible optics (very sharp and reflective), nice smell. Maybe you can try both and help us find the answer. :)

By the way, welcome to the forums!

Alex

05Sleeper
11-05-2005, 04:15 PM
This is another good thread to bring up considering the recent take-off wioth spray waxes. How do the new Mother`s Synwax or Spraywax compare to OCW?

BigAl3
11-05-2005, 04:55 PM
sorry to stray away from the topic for a minute. but... has anyone compared the mothers fx spray to the new eagle one waud?

imported_Bence
11-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Well, I have used and using both (and Reflections as well, alongside 1Z Sprüh Wax)...

First of all, the initial appearance is dramatically different. The FX looks killer immediately (applied over its SynWax counterpart), and maintains it while being very slick. OCW looks quite good after application, but nothing special. However, OCW will improve upon that and the other day - or even after - it looks outstanding. It gets clearer, it will have more definition, and a warmer look than typical shiny sealants. The durability goes clearly to OCW.

The former two product are applied like a QD. Reflections and Sprüh Wax are different, because they need to haze. The label tells to buff the SW out immediately, but the gloss is significantly higher when you let it haze.

I can not say much about the Reflections though. It is simply a superb product! Very rounded look with warm overtones, absolute ease of use, decent durability.

Shine:

FX

Gloss:

(tie) Reflections/OCW

Durability:

OCW

Ease of use:

FX & OCW