PDA

View Full Version : anything finish as clear as PO85RD

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_rfinkle2
10-12-2005, 06:10 AM
Hey guys,

I have what I think is very soft paint, and have noticed any prewax cleaner causes me to lose the finish PO85RD leaves.

Does anyone know of a polish (besides FPII) that leaves a black finish haze free?

PO85RD makes the truck look perfect , but I was looking to buy some SONUS products or maybe detailers pride final polish.

thanks in advance.

porta
10-12-2005, 06:48 AM
Why donĂ‚´t use stick with PO85RD?

imported_rfinkle2
10-12-2005, 06:54 AM
PO85RD is $45.00 a bottle.

brwill2005
10-12-2005, 07:15 AM
Optimum Polish.

DM101
10-12-2005, 07:16 AM
I with you. When I finish my car with the85 it looks perfect! Then I start adding waxes or sealants to it and it dulls that perfect shine. The best thing I found was to use RMG red moose glaze and thing go to a clear wax like Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax X 2 or 3. The second best thing I found was Wolfgang Paint Sealant being sure it cures for 18 hours the top it off with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax or Blue natty`s wax. Good luck, let me know how it turns out...

Bill D
10-12-2005, 07:47 AM
Others might leave a similar finish, Optimum,etc., etc. but at least via rotary, few seem to do it with as much speed and ease as the Menzerna "PO" line. I still find them to my ultimate favorites even with micromarring removal via Cyclo. :2thumbs: I usally go to AIO then the last sealant and wax ( presently using Wolfgang and Souveran) and have not encountered any degradation of appearance :nixweiss

DM101
10-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Someone told me to use UPP then a topper wax. The UPP is supose to cure clear.

AlexRuiz
10-12-2005, 08:58 AM
I think the closest you can get is Sonus SFX-3

stilez
10-12-2005, 09:53 AM
I haven`t found anything to finish "exactly" like PO85RD yet. Optimum polish on a finishing pad @ 1200 rpm has come pretty close, but the depth from PO is greater. Menzerna Final Polish II is pretty damn close too...give it a shot @ 1500 rpm on the finishing pad. The finish is very similar to PO and is about half the price.

imported_rfinkle2
10-12-2005, 10:42 AM
thanks all .

SpoiledMan
10-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Nothing I`ve found is with 85RD and you can achieve the results with the PC, Cyclo or rotary. If I were to factor in the price then FPII would be just fine.:D

JaCkaL829
10-12-2005, 12:42 PM
After I polished my car with Optimum/orange light cutting pad via PC, I decided to see if PO85RD would tweak up the shine at all. I did half the hood with PO85RD/white polishing pad via PC and really couldn`t tell a difference between the two. :nixweiss

Maybe try to get a sample of Optimum polish or as you already know try Menzerna FPII; I think they`d be your best choices.

Chubs
10-12-2005, 01:30 PM
I"m not trying to upset you but what kind of haze are you getting? Is it a haze from trying to remove PO85RD or is it a haze that you see after applying wax or sealant on top of PO85RD. I have noticed that with some final polishes have a lot of oil (fillers) in them. They look great right after you buff with that polish, but once you apply anything else on top of it it will either haze (or smear) over the polish. Or you remove that oil from the polish and show what it trully did, which is swril the paint finish. These oils, or fillers as they can be called, will look great at first but they don`t hold up and wax or sealant doesn`t apply well over them. Thus producing a smearing or hazing affect.

I did some research in PO85RD. This polish is designed for the new ceramiclears and also works on regular clearcoats. Menzerna claims it has abrasive smaller than any other polish. But also claims that it`s not intended for the weekend enthusiast. WHY? If the abrasives are so small then you shouldn`t be able to do much damage, correct!

The compounds and polishes that I use are more of a chemical abrasive then a particle abrasive as Menzerna claims. The chemical abrasives will breakdown and become a finer polish then in the begining to produce a finer finish on the paint.

If it`s designed for ceramiclear coat paint that is very hard then it should be to aggresive on a regular clearcoat, right? If your paint is hard (like ceramiclear is) then you need to use more aggresive polishes (or compounds) to remove scratches or swirls. Then it stands to reason that PO85RD will swril a regular clearcoat easier than a hard clearcoat. Except if there are alot of fillers in PO85RD to hide the swirls or hazing produced from the abrasives.

I"m sorry to go off on PO85RD!! I know I haven`t used this product though I have used Menzerna FPII with OK results. I just don`t like filler polishes or glazes. They make it look good then it leaves your garage then looks like crap after it gets rained on or after the first wash. It`s what you expect from a car dealership, not much. I`ve been detailng for over 9 years and used many different products. Alot of them worked great and others didn`t produce a finish that I found acceptable. If you want, try Meguiars swirl free polish or speed glaze as a final polish then apply your wax. They work well with the PC and produce great results on black cars.

IN NO WAY am I trying to start a war or advertise for anyone. I`m just voicing my opinion from what I have learned

Hope this help,

Chubs

SpoiledMan
10-12-2005, 02:07 PM
No hiding done by 85RD. I`m working the softest of them all too. Honda clear! To add to it, it`s BLACK! If the abrasives weren`t being broken down it would show pretty quick. I did a 50:50 spray and wipe on a few of the polished areas and NOTHING changed. It wasn`t necessary to continue with that process as it was a waste of my time.

Call me crazy but I have never gotten as many compliments on my car and it is without any LSP at this time.

Chubs
10-12-2005, 02:37 PM
SpoiledMan have you tried a LSP over top of 85RD? and If you have did you get hazingas Rfinkle does? This is making me curious, but to so much to pay $45 for the product. Anybody giving out samples of the stuff.

Maybe Rfinkle is using to much product. By what I have seen with other products that haze after a LSP is that they have fillers in them or I"m using to much product.

Chubs