PDA

View Full Version : Prep B4 WG? and Which QD?

docker
10-11-2005, 06:06 PM
WOW! I hadn`t used WG for a while until this past weekend when I totally redid my wifes Liberty, and BAM!, I realized why I bought it to begin with...super slick, deep & glossy. Sweeeet. :idea

So, I`m going to redo my magnesium metalic with WG this weekend after I get it back from the shop (hit a gigantic racoon and it tore the crap out of the lower part of the front bumper!). It was tough for me to decide to detract from my fav UPP on my Honda, but I`ve decided that the WG will give it a nice darker, deeper look for a pleasant change.

2 Major Questions...

1. What should I prep the paint with? I will, of course, clay as needed but other than that here are the products I have and I`d like your opinions as to which I should use prior to applying the WG Sealant...

Optimum Polish (should I polish regardless, then use one of the others afterwards?)

AIO

UPC

WG Pre-Wax Enhancer

2. What QD to use on WG (if I don`t go with Nattys-Blue on top)? I have the following, and would prefer not to buy anything else if I don`t absolutely need to...

UGE (1.5 bottles)

WG Spritz (.5 bottle)

NXT SD (.5 bottle but it doesn`t matter cuz it`s cheap and local)

S&G (1 big-em bottle)

Thanks All !

Richt
10-12-2005, 12:33 AM
I like the AIO before WG here, but have also used it over VM and love the look that gave. No sure what that does for durability though.

I normally use Quikshine as my QD for WG but have just got the WG Spritz but not tried it yet.