PDA

View Full Version : Who here has tried Klasse SG and hates it?

Pages : [1] 2

DJ Trackie
10-11-2005, 04:14 PM
No fighting please!

I just want to see how many people out there have tired Klasse SG, applied it properly, and stil had a hell of a time getting it off their car.

AndyH_STi
10-11-2005, 04:29 PM
I use it...love the results, not so fond of removing the "haze". Yes, I suppose I`m using too much product, but I still say it shouldn`t be so difficult to remove. But I suppose there`s no free lunch is there? If it was too easy to remove, perhaps it wouldn`t last so long on the car. BTW, I was able to figure out that a spritz of quick-detailer was all I needed to do to help in the removal of SG.

imported_COBRyan
10-11-2005, 05:22 PM
I don`t like the application/removal and I am really not fond of how it looks. I will say it seems to last quite a while as far as durability.

beastie
10-11-2005, 05:22 PM
I wasn`t too enthused the first time I used it. Didn`t do anything for me. But when I added the subsequent layers and learned how to use it, it became my favorite LSP product besides Souveran. If I use it, I know that my car would look nothing short of spectacular.

Steve530
10-11-2005, 06:09 PM
I`ve had streaking, but not lately. I guess I finally figured out how to apply and remove SG. There are lots of posts about this so I won`t go into detail, but I will say it`s important to use a pad with a very short nap. Acrylic Glanz between layers makes application smoother and removal easier.

I`ll add that the stock answer "if you have trouble removing SG, then you`re applying too much" is getting sort of absurd. I seem to recall a post something like "if you can see it on the surface, you`ve applied too much SG". Pretty soon, its going to be "put a dime sized spot of SG on the pad and waive it over the surface, but don`t actually touch it" or "just set the bottle next to the car with the lid off". I mean really, at some point you have to be able to see where you have applied the product.

I`m just about convinced you could slather the SG on and wipe it off immediately with the same results. As a matter of fact I think this is how the Bill North WOWO method actually works. That is you spread an excess of SG around then wipe off everything except the SG which has already cross-linked. All that`s left behind is the thinnest layer, which everyone tries to apply in the first place.

Well, that`s my theory, anyway. :)

learner22
10-11-2005, 07:46 PM
1. damp the applicator pad

2. apply thin film on the pad

3. apply on with minimal pressure and wipe off

seriously, i love to apply sg more than aio. they r great.

Asmodaus
10-11-2005, 08:17 PM
I don`t hate it, but I don`t see the point in it. It`s not much of an improvement, if any, over Klasse AIO for the amount of trouble it is. It lasts longer, but I`ll AIO my truck before a year anyway. I keep fresh coats of S100 over that. SG is just too finicky for the results. If AIO didn`t exist, then I`d have to use it, but AIO does so SG is definitly optional.

RCBuddha
10-11-2005, 08:21 PM
No thanks, there are plenty of other products that are easier to use.

TN9thSi
10-11-2005, 09:30 PM
I just used SG on my car today and didn`t have any problems, that is after I altered my process. I had tried using a yellow foam applicator but still couldn`t get it thin enough. I decided to see what the PC could do for me. Last week, I got the Sonus SFX pad set from Autopia. In the kit, there`s a set of two buffing bonnets. Using the Blue SFX pad covered with the bonnet, I lightly coated the bonnet with SG. With the PC at speed 3, I set out applying the SG. It went on so thin and evenly, I couldn`t believe it. But the true test came when it was time to buff it off. With my trusty PakShak MF in hand, I gently buffed off the reside, and guess what? No streaks! Wow! It worked like a charm. A quick spray of Sonus Acrylic Glanz and I was good to go. This is by far the easiest SG method I`ve tried to date.

Scottwax
10-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Worked fine for me, pretty good shine and definitely durable. I just prefer other LSPs more.

pontman43
10-11-2005, 09:59 PM
I tried SG on half a hood the other day and it worked fine, easy on off. I used a fine mist sprayer though, maybe thats what made it easy. But I`m not shure what everyone who says it is hard to remove is talking about, it was like butter.

dan45hk
10-11-2005, 11:39 PM
I`ve been using SG for 3 years and have had no problems removing it. I just wipe the initial thick layer a second time and the residue buffs of easily.

Richt
10-12-2005, 12:37 AM
Worked fine for me, but must admit I didnt find it as easy as other sealants though. When what i have is gone I doubt I will buy anymore at the moment.

jerry@robs
10-12-2005, 12:58 AM
Funny thing for me (and most guys I "converted" here locally) never found the hazing problem that most autopians post.

Weather differences perhaps?

SG removes a tad harder than Zaino but about the same as most waxes.

imported_rfinkle2
10-12-2005, 05:09 AM
Too much trouble for me to bother with. I just bought mine not too long ago, and would be interested to see from others how old their bottles are.