PDA

View Full Version : Autopia`s product selection limited

Asonyexec
10-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Random question for y`all. Why is it that Autopia does not have a larger selection of products when it comes to waxes and polishes?? I won`t make a list but I see so many other product names mentioned here and when I look at other online detail suppliers, $$$$geek, premium@@@care......etc I see a lot larger selection of waxes & polishes. Even the meguiar`s line is somewhat limited here and meguiar`s & autopia are a 2 hour drive from one another..........I don`t get it.

I suppose I`m hoping AUTOPIA will revamp it`s stock because I really like getting my orders in 1-2 days instead of waiting and having them shipped from the opposite coast.

DrSauekraut
10-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Read the last paragraph ;)

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/aboutus.html

Regarding limited product selection, I do agree with you. Though I’d much rather give my business to David than some of these other clowns.

Setec Astronomy
10-11-2005, 04:28 PM
I can`t find it right now, but David B. stated somewhere his intent to slim down the Autopia Car Care offerings to 3 in each category. Not trying to speak for David, but IIRC, he said he didn`t want to be everything to everybody, but instead wanted to be able to offer the best 3 products in each category.

FrizzleFry
10-11-2005, 04:45 PM
That`s ideally the way to do it. when you invest too much capital in inventory and you can`t move that inventory then you get stuck.

Asonyexec
10-12-2005, 10:47 AM
HMM. Read the link and it`s a great concept if your a DELL computers, Meguiar`s or LLBean with world wide name recognition but SONUS? C`mon. Of the 3 detailing BB I subscribe to SONUS is most probably the least mentioned brand out there (maybe even lower than zip wash and wax :D ).

But anywho this is why Im in finance and not retail lol and I did get my question answered. when I decide to go SONUS I`ll place another order with autopia. Until then I think I`ll put up with the 4-5 day shipping time

a.k.a. Patrick
10-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Armand, whats your "wish" list then ?

JaCkaL829
10-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Read the last paragraph ;)

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/aboutus.html

Regarding limited product selection, I do agree with you. Though I’d much rather give my business to David than some of these other clowns.

Clowns? :confused: I`ve done business on a couple occasions with a majority of the vendors and none of them struck me as clowns.

Back on topic, I was kinda disappointed that DavidB cleared out his invetory. I tried doing most of my business with him to support the site, but he know doesn`t carry any of "my best" products so I have to give my business to all the other "jokers and clowns" ;) :lol

Asonyexec
10-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Patrick that`s a pretty loaded question because I would want a one stop shop, I want to be able to choose from all the boutique products available out there when the mood strikes.

but my perfect online auto detail supplier would provide the following options:

einszett

poorboys

menzerna

clearkote

pinnacle

zaino

wolfgang

3m

Meg`s detailers line

chemical guys

If pep boys can sell 5 different brands of car batteries and 7-11 can sell 15 different types of chewing gum, I don`t get why a auto detail suppliers can`t or won`t carry all the available products. Maybe it has something to do with the suppliers......I don`t know I`m just asking the questions.

imported_Picus
10-17-2005, 03:40 PM
On a personal note - I just got my first order from Autopia, and it arrived in a timely matter, was packed very well, and came with some nice little extras. I`ll definitely shop here again in the future.

pontman43
10-17-2005, 08:08 PM
On a personal note - I just got my first order from Autopia, and it arrived in a timely matter, was packed very well, and came with some nice little extras. I`ll definitely shop here again in the future.

Same here, minus the little extras. Lucky! lol