PDA

View Full Version : Speeding in Montana

Pages : [1] 2

notsob23
10-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Hi all, new to the forum. I got a question for anybody out there that knows about speeding in Montana.

I just got a speeding ticket today just outside Great Falls, going 96 on a 75.

My questions is: Is there any way in Montana to not have the ticket go on your driving record? If there is a ways, what do you do?

Thanks in advance!

rollman
10-11-2005, 05:08 PM
What state is your lic. from?

notsob23
10-11-2005, 08:29 PM
My license is from Mass.

Plates are from Montana.

Scottwax
10-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Normally, as long as you pay the fine, a lot of states won`t report it to your state. Kind of an incentive to pay the fine. I got one in Louisianna a few years back and when I called about the fine, they said as long as I pay it, they won`t report it to Texas.

astro13rm
10-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Hi all, new to the forum. I got a question for anybody out there that knows about speeding in Montana.

I just got a speeding ticket today just outside Great Falls, going 96 on a 75.

My questions is: Is there any way in Montana to not have the ticket go on your driving record? If there is a ways, what do you do?

Thanks in advance!

That`s funny because I, too, just got a ticket -- I was on my way from Great Falls to Helena doing 87 (clocked at 90). Showed the military ID and he kicked it down to 85 in a 75 (no points). If I had the 20 bucks on me, I would have paid the trooper right then and there. He didn`t mention that there was any way to substitue a driving class or anything. He said I could contest it or pay it. I mailed the check the next day. The trooper was a pretty good guy.

Are you worried about the points or the ticket itself?

notsob23
10-12-2005, 05:38 AM
I showed my ID too, but I guess I was going 21 over, that`s why she gave me a ticket.

The trooper was pretty nice also.

I am just more worried about points than the ticket, the ticket was only 40 bucks.

Accumulator
10-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Different states handle the out of state points thing differently- some pass `em along and others don`t. Rather than guess, I`d try to find somebody who actually knows the facts about the specific situation.

Too bad she wouldn`t write it down that one mph, that surprises me.

notsob23
10-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I haven`t paid the ticket yet. When I go to the court house, I guess I`ll ask them. But I think it`ll def add points, which sucks!

rollman
10-12-2005, 04:07 PM
I doubt very much the points would transfer over to your state . As Accumulator suggested check with someone that would know for sure.

Accumulator
10-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I haven`t paid the ticket yet. When I go to the court house, I guess I`ll ask them. But I think it`ll def add points, which sucks!

How about goint to traffic court instead of just paying the fine? You could act all contrite and plead for mercy and I bet it`d be worth it. Sounds like you`re in the area anyhow.

notsob23
10-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Yeah, maybe I can go to court or something. But I don`t really know how it works here in Montana. I`ll prob ask when I get to the court house.

autoweenie
10-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Wait a minute, I thought there is no speed limit in Montana.

You are suppose to use "safe speed" and that`s all.

astro13rm
10-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Wait a minute, I thought there is no speed limit in Montana.

You are suppose to use "safe speed" and that`s all.

Common misconception -- that went away a couple years go (probably so they could keep their funding).

notsob23
10-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Well, paid my ticket today. Instead of 40, they charged me 70 cuz I went 21 over, which was stupid. And it will go on my driving record.

:wall :wall :wall

astro13rm
10-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Well, paid my ticket today. Instead of 40, they charged me 70 cuz I went 21 over, which was stupid. And it will go on my driving record.

:wall :wall :wall

So they raised the speeding ticket? How can they do that arbitrarily if the ticket said $40?