PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym Supplier?

jdthompson
10-09-2005, 03:45 AM
I`m getting a Saab 93 convertible this Wednesday (not a new one!). I`ll probably stick with what I have now for the bodywork, but this will be my first car with leather upholstery (it`s a charcoal/black colour) and a soft-top so I`ve been looking at what I should use to take care of those things.

So far I`m thinking Autoglym simply because I`d imagine their leather/convertible cleaners to be fairly "neutral" and not rammed full of chemicals.

First off, and this might not be the right forum for this one, but is that a fair assumption?

Second, suggestions on the best place to get these bits? It could be Halfords are as cheap as anywhere but it pays to ask :)

JJ_
10-09-2005, 04:15 AM
I`d persoanally ditch autoglym and start with better products.

Meguiars, Poorboys, Klasse etc etc.

Autoglym is all good and well, but it just doesn`t meet the other products.

I would try meguairs leather treatment, or gliptone. Have a search through for products for the paint.

Richt
10-09-2005, 04:42 AM
I am a big Autoglym fan and if you going to use there products in large quantitys look on ther site and find your local trade supplier in your area. For a two step without paint correction IMO you cant go wrong with Super Resin ( Radiant Wax) and extra gloss ( Liquid Hardwax) or with the glass cleaners, dressings, exterior vinyl and rubber products, and interior shampoos, and TFR`s. By speaking to your trade supplier will get you massive price saving and chances of larger sizes. a good range of exterior products IMO.

I dont like there leather products though, 1z leathercare of Zaino for that here, or anything they do to dress insides, Poorboys, 1z or Megs here for that too. Not used there soft top care either.

I alos dont like the AG shampoo despite having access to it in 25 litre sizes.

jdthompson
10-09-2005, 04:46 AM
Cheers. I`m probably going to give the Saab products a try to begin with, I know they`ll be OEM`d by someone else, but I`d expect them to be decent. It`s not a new car so it`s not like I`m starting on something that`s untouched and pristine.

Perhaps I`m being a little paranoid but I always imagine leather to be something you can mess up very easily by using the wrong sort of product, or is that more a thing of the past?

Paul

Richt
10-09-2005, 05:04 AM
I am fussy about leather. Picked up the Clio in March, brand new and very worried what to use on it, and had not been impressed with anything I had used on my 2 previous Peugeots. A month before getting the clio I recieved the Zaino z10 and Einzett 1Z leather care, tested on the 306 before I sold it, and found both of these products are not slimy,oily or greasy and then trusted them on the clio. Both 7 months on have left a totally factory finish to the leather looks as it looked the day I got it. There are some dodgy leather things out there so test in a hidden spot first. I dont think that these will damge it but lots change the apperance IMO.

jdthompson
10-09-2005, 05:08 AM
Thanks, next stop "convertible care" :)

JJ_
10-09-2005, 09:22 AM
303 for convertible car hands down they win.

hdi136
10-09-2005, 10:18 AM
I use 1z leather care on my leather seats in my Peugeot 307. Good stuff.

AndyC_1
10-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Welcome mate.

Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner & Conditioner - I`m sure there might be better available but I`ve not found it yet! Easy to use and leaves a VERY low gloss finish. It will clean like no other - biro off red leather? this is the gear (and that was witnessed by a couple of people here too)

benpocock
10-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Agree with Andy on the Turtle Wax Platimum Leather Cleaner/Conditioner - not a trendy brand, but has thorough cleaning ability and leaves a decent, not gloss finish.

Ben

whizzer
10-09-2005, 01:13 PM
yep im with Andy to and yes i saw it get biro off red leather

jdthompson
10-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Sounds like Turtle Wax might be the way to go on the Leather then?

Halfords do the Autoglym convertible care kit for £19.99 too (according to their website) so that might be worth a look?

I also saw these folks who do Lexol, 303, and Car-lack - http://www.thepolishingcompany.com anyone used them?

Daragh
10-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Hello Paul,

Gliptone do three products, an Intensive Cleaner, Gentle Cleaner (best) and conditioner (best) at www.liquidleather.com

They have the best leather products in the UK and probably the lowest prices too. I distribute their products in Ireland and looked at everything before choosing same.

Alternatively www.aglaze.com do a kit including a sealant but more expensive.

Go with Gliptone - Bristol Cars & Rolls-Royce do.

Regards

Daragh.