PDA

View Full Version : ZAINO-cotton or MF?

zeta3ce
10-09-2005, 12:19 AM
the zaino website says to use 100% usa cotton towels. Are they really better than mf towels? What can anyone recommend to this rookie? Can you also recommend a specific brand and maybe where to get them.

thanks

94BlkStang
10-09-2005, 12:24 AM
the zaino website says to use 100% usa cotton towels. Are they really better than mf towels? What can anyone recommend to this rookie? Can you also recommend a specific brand and maybe where to get them.

thanks

I`ve never used Zaino, but swear by MF towells. I have a variety of different MF`s from really plush to cheap, but the best ones that I use to take polish and wax off are the ones I got form Pak Shak supporting vendor). Great product and great service. Be sure to mention you`re an Autopian for the special discount. I also purchased two packs of 3 each at a Walmart that were almost identical to Pak Shaks but they didn`t have the same kind the next time I went in. :woot:

imported_memnuts
10-09-2005, 02:20 AM
Any high quality MF or 100% USA cotton towel can be used to buff Zaino.

Because of the varying quality differences among locally available MF towels, Sal only recommends 100% cotton towels. Hi-quality cotton towels can be found locally at most stores ( i.e Bed & Bath). I use hi-quality poly MF`s exclusively to remove Zaino and found them to be superior to cotton.

Highly recommended MF vendors here at Autopia in my book include:

ExcelDetail

PakShak

DF Towels (100% natural fiber (cotton) MF)

WCD

Autopia Stores (carries both 100% natural fiber (cotton) and poly MF`s)

Hope this helps. :wavey

DCT
10-09-2005, 06:32 AM
I find the DF Towels to work extrmely well removing Z2-Pro.

Both the DF Towels and PakShak Ultra Fine towels work great with Z8.

dogma
10-09-2005, 06:57 AM
I also use MF towels. I have the ones from all the kits I bought before from CMA. this was before I setteled on Zaino as my product of choice. I also have some good MF from Autozone and pepboys.

I also prefer to apply All Zaino products with a sponge, I feel I can better control the products better.

I also realize some cheap sponges may have particles that could scratch, I use O-cello from 3M.

No problem yet with MF or sponges ( Black car ). I hope you bought Z8 because as you will find out its truly awesome.