PDA

View Full Version : VM, RMG versus Poorboys PWC - What is the difference?

imported_SilverStallion
10-08-2005, 12:05 PM
I just washed my BMW, and I have already used RMG on the hood, and just applied a coat of Poorboys EX-P that is drying now. I read on the label of EX-P that they recommend the use of Polish with Carnuba prior to the EX-P. When I have more significant scratches or wash marks, I use SSR 2 or 2.5, but I often just used RMG or VM if I am just touching up, prior to using the Carnuba.

Today is my first time using the EX-P, and I plan to top with Optimum Car Wax. Considering the products that I already own, is there any purpose to me purchasing the Polish with Carnuba, or in fact, would I get a nicer final result? I also have Klasse AIO, P21S Cleansing Lotion that I sometimes use, depending on my mood. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Please Note: I have other toppers as well such as Souveran, P21S, Carnuba Moose, Megs #16, but I wanted to use the OCW as I was impressed at how it looked on my Mustang last weekend at the car show I attended.

Thanks as always guys.

~Darren

III
10-08-2005, 12:37 PM
PWC is more of a one step product that cleans, polishes, and provides wax protection. I`ll use this when I`m in a pinch and don`t want to do multiple steps, and when the paint is in fairly good condition. Having said that however, some people will use PWC as part of their multiple steps, and there`s nothing wrong with that.

VM has some cleaning ability, polishing oils/fillers, and some petroleum based wax protection. Even though it has some wax protection, it doesn`t last very long if you`re using it as a one step. I wouldn`t recommend using it as a one step anyhow unless your paint is in very good condition. PWC will last longer as a one step.

RMG also has some cleaning ability and polishing oils/fillers, but no wax protection.

I`ll use VM or RMG when I`m doing multiple steps, and when I want to bring the paint to it`s ultimate look. I then will top with a sealant or wax. Prior to using VM or RMG I`ll use one of the SSR`s to remove any swirls.

imported_Picus
10-08-2005, 12:50 PM
That just about says it all. All I can add is that on my black car I really, really like RMG, adds a ton of depth to the color.