PDA

View Full Version : Clear Kote`s Quik Shine

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

imported_rfinkle2
10-07-2005, 06:05 AM
....IS VERY GOOD. As a matter of fact, I think that it is the best QD`r I`ve used , and have tried almost everything.

What I like about it is the fact that it doesn`t streak (on Black) and has worked well over Blackfire (synthetic LSP) and Natty`s Blue (more traditional carnuba).

Some of the Qd`rs I have don`t like synthetics / carnubas depending on their base, but I have wiped the glass , mirrors, paint and even my garage cabinets... with nothing but streak free shiny results.

An interesting note... I read somewhere on the forum, that users feel it adds to just waxed finishes, and have to agree . I really like the "clean" look it gave my black paint over the Souveran I just recieved :xyxthumbs .

I got an almost chromish look on the paint, and only one other product that I`ve used (and like) that gave me this look was Z8.

I`m sorry for the lack of pics, but intend to contribute some pics / reviews of a lot of things I`ve had good luck with this weekend.

a.k.a. Patrick
10-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Tell us something we dont already now about it !!!

stilez
10-07-2005, 06:26 AM
Does it have any anti-dust attributes?

Will it work well on glass?

imported_rfinkle2
10-07-2005, 06:31 AM
As far as I can tell, from 24 hrs. ago, yes...and yes . I noticed this morning that there was very little dust (less than normal)... It is absolutely not oily, like some other detailers, and I`d imagine that is where it gets anti-dust properties.

As for glass (and mirrors)...initially I`d say it works great, but I`ve used other detailers that are relatively streak free for about a day or 2, and got a streaky appearance shortly after.

I`ll keep you posted as to how the glass looks after a few days driving.

Scottwax
10-07-2005, 06:56 AM
Does it have any anti-dust attributes?

Will it work well on glass?

Very little dust attraction and it beats the snot out of RainX on glass, IMO. I also have noticed when I use it on my monitor and TV screens, they stay cleaner and dust doesn`t accumulate as fast.

Just FYI, if you have seen the spray CD/DVD cleaner (Clearkote CD Restorer) at Blockbuster, it is Quikshine. :)

Richt
10-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Scott is it ok to use it on the front windscreen/shield?

imported_Picus
10-07-2005, 11:45 AM
It is, I am sure Scott will tell you the same. I was really happy with S&G, but tried QuikShine (someone sent me a sample) and these guys are right, it`s awesome.

Fallz
10-07-2005, 11:59 AM
I agree , it`s one of the best QD`s I use.

RobD
10-07-2005, 12:34 PM
I also have noticed when I use it on my monitor and TV screens, they stay cleaner and dust doesn`t accumulate as fast.

I noticed the same thing! QS is good stuff.

Scottwax
10-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Scott is it ok to use it on the front windscreen/shield?

Been using it on my windshield for the last 3 years. :)

C. Charles Hahn
10-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Just FYI, if you have seen the spray CD/DVD cleaner (Clearkote CD Restorer) at Blockbuster, it is Quikshine. :)

Huh? Is that nationally distributed? I may have to swing by my local blockbuster and pick some up to sample :nervous2:

III
10-07-2005, 09:00 PM
What I like about it is the fact that it doesn`t streak (on Black)

I`ve been using QS for about 2 months, and I must say it`s some good stuff. It leaves the surface so darn slick and shiny. It did streak a little though on my black Z71, but I think any QD would do the same as it was baking in direct sunlight for 5 hours back in August.

I agree with Scottwax about it being better than RainX on glass. The first time I used this on my windshield I could hardley tell there was glass in front of me.

For a product to deliver such good results that`s wax, polymer, silicone, and alcohol free is beyond me.

Thomas Dekany
10-07-2005, 09:34 PM
As much as I love QS, I have to say that FK1`s #425 is better. Both are great products.

Richt
10-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Off to QD my car now so will try some on the glass.

Have noticed slight streaking on black like others to with it though.

WX51 TXR
10-08-2005, 12:42 AM
I use it all over after every wash - it`s brilliant as a quick detailer, and brilliant as a clay lube too. It`s the only product I`ve found that actually sheets rain off my rear screen effectively (important now that I`ve ditched the rear wiper!).