PDA

View Full Version : What would you do in this sitution?

opass
10-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Recently I drove my show car to a local community (parking lot) for car enthusiasts who want to see and talk everything about cars. I see it as opportinuity to show my work and hopefully will attract more clients. So I set up my flyers, business cards and the logo of my company next to my car. OF course I am always near by to answer anyone`s question about detailing....etc. I was very busy during the event. HOWEVER, there was a 19 years old detailer kid wondering around which I did`t mind until he started interrupte the conversation between the customer and I.

There were many people surrounded my car and gave positve feedback about my work when other people seem to over look his car that parked about 100 ft away from me. So he stood around either next to me or my car INSTEAD of his car and giving comment the product that he used is the offical Jaguar stuff or he was the winner of car show event...etc.

How come he does not stay with his car waiting?

If this is my shop, I would ask him to leave.

What would you do at this kind of enviroment?

Regd,

Jacky

Scottwax
10-06-2005, 09:21 AM
I would have ignored him, sounds like he is very insecure and that probably came across to everyone there.

magictouch24
10-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Personally, as far as I`m concerned it isn`t your shop so you can`t ask him to leave. Don`t get me wrong, I wouldn`t want him there either and if he is rude then you should say something - but if he`s just hanging out near your car and talking I don`t really think he is doing anything wrong.

imported_kgb
10-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Sock him in his face and he will go away never to bother you again. :sign

Detailer 4 Life
10-06-2005, 09:45 AM
I think this is actually funny. If you were getting the attention your work speaks for itself.. as for handling the situation i would have acted as if i didn`t know he was a detailer and since he was hanging around so much i would have offered him a discount on your services and told him his car looks good but you know of some ways to improve it... :sign

opass
10-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the advise. I just going to let winter season to do the job for me.