PDA

View Full Version : autoglym extra gloss protection vs. ksg ... comments please

Pages : [1] 2

imported_rfinkle2
10-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Hello all,

I am one in the camp who finds SG (no matter what method) a little hard to use, and was wondering if those with some experience could chime in with durability / ease of use of Autoglym extra gloss protection vs Klasse sealant Glaze.

Thanks in advance...

:work:

Andrew Timmins
10-05-2005, 08:16 AM
I`ve only used EGP a couple of times even though I`ve used their SRP for many years. About 6 weeks ago I polished with AIO then put a layer of EGP over the top. Provided you leave the EGP for about an hour it wipes off quite easily. Water beading is still excellent and I intend to redo the car with either SRP/EGP or AIO/EGP in November in the hope that this will last over the coldest winter months. Ease of use is about the same as AIO or NXT only you need to allow for the waiting time. Expect to have to wait longer in colder weather for it to dry/cure before removal.

EGP looks great on my silver car and I wish I`d started using it years ago.

Not had the chance to try SG so I`ll be interested in any comparisons also.

LamboJay
10-05-2005, 09:30 AM
I find EGP extremely simple to use and has great protection and reflectivity. Just make sure you apply it thin and let it dry at least an hour.

Lowejackson
10-05-2005, 11:47 AM
I found EGP much easier to use compared to SG but both are good products

MikeWarner
10-05-2005, 11:55 AM
My EGP over AIO findings here:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62858

Richt
10-05-2005, 12:24 PM
I find EGP alot easier to use than the SG.

Apply the EGP nice and thin to the whole car, allow to dry for 45-60 mins and wipe off. I revisted this at the weekend, and compared to the other sealants I have been using of late it leaves the surface very very slick.

imported_rfinkle2
10-05-2005, 12:28 PM
I just ordered some SRP, EGP and a new product called ultra deep shine. Thanks for all of the replies. it seems like cure time is key with the egp, and I`ll be certain to pay attention to your suggestions.

As always, thank you guys... :D

Richt
10-05-2005, 12:32 PM
I would have left the Ultra Deep Shine tbh - do a quick search it wasnt well recieved by those who have tried it.

imported_rfinkle2
10-05-2005, 12:35 PM
oh well, i`ll add it to my collection of crap if i find that I dislike it... btw, my collection of crap is pretty big.

imported_Aurora40
10-05-2005, 03:10 PM
I`ll just add I find EGP easy to use also. Though I also find SG pretty easy if I keep it thin and don`t let it sit too long before buffing.

Where`d you order the Ultra Deep Shine from?

imported_rfinkle2
10-06-2005, 06:20 AM
am i allowed to post where to get a product from if it is not one of the sponsors... don`t wnat to step on anyones toes.

TortoiseAWD
10-06-2005, 06:50 AM
am i allowed to post where to get a product from if it is not one of the sponsors... don`t wnat to step on anyones toes.As long as you have no financial interest in the product, then yes, it`s fine. Autopia has never limited discussions based on who the sponsors are, but we do fight hard to keep the shills and spammers at bay.

Tort

(moderator)

imported_rfinkle2
10-06-2005, 07:02 AM
Tort... thanks.

I`m not even a professional detailer. I take care of both my truck and my father`s car, and recieve no $ from either detailing cars or selling detail products.

i bought the uds from proper auto care.

RobDon
10-06-2005, 07:51 AM
How does EGP stack up against other sealants then - ease of use, results, etc..? Does it become dusty when it dries and is buffed off?

Lowejackson
10-08-2005, 09:28 AM
How does EGP stack up against other sealants then - ease of use, results, etc..? Does it become dusty when it dries and is buffed off?

I have found it compares well against all the sealants I have tried. The trick with EGP, as with Klasse SG is to apply very thin layers and allow an hour or so to cure.