PDA

View Full Version : Z-5 without ZFX

CTDiesel
10-05-2005, 06:55 AM
Is ZFX required for Z-5 to bond, or will durability be severely compromised without the use of ZFX?

I just tried Z-5 without ZFX or Z-1 and it dried quickly. It was ready to buff when I checked in 15 minutes.

I`d appreciate the comments from anyone who uses Z-5 or Z-2 without Z-1 or ZFX. It`s not that big a deal to use ZFX, but it`s less hassle and less waste.

TortoiseAWD
10-05-2005, 07:49 AM
ZFX or Z1 is only required for the first layer. After that, you can layer Z2/Z5 without using ZFX, but only one layer per session (as opposed to the up-to-three layers you can do with ZFX in one session).

If you already had a base of Zaino down, then you`re fine.

Tort

CTDiesel
10-05-2005, 08:22 AM
I did not have a previous layer of Z-5, only clean polished surface.

GTScott
10-05-2005, 09:42 AM
I found that the Z2 Pro was easier to remove when I had not activated it with the ZFX. however, I did have multiple coats down. It would be my opinion that it would be ok to put your first coat on without ZFX but that you would just then have to wait the 24 hours or whatever before applying an additional coat.

-GT

TortoiseAWD
10-05-2005, 10:39 AM
I did not have a previous layer of Z-5, only clean polished surface.Well, the Z5 you applied won`t just fall off your paint, but long-term durability may not be as good as it should be. I seem to recall a couple of other posters trying Z on bare paint (no ZFX or Z1) in the past just to see how it would fare, but I don`t remember if anyone posted a follow-up report on how long it lasted.

Tort