PDA

View Full Version : Mother`s Reflections Advanced product line?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JaCkaL829
10-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Hello:

I would like to know if anyone has any experience with the Mother`s Reflections Advanced product line? I rarely read anything about any Mother`s products on this forum, and was somewhat interested in their newer Reflections Advanced line. I have yet to see any of their products locally, I was just skimming Autogeek and their prices seem to be some of the best "bang for your buck" that i`ve seen. I`m just curious how people fell about these products; specifically the Mother`s Reflections Advanced Spray Wax, which seems very similiar to OCW yet half the price and more product and the Reflections Advanced Leather Care. They are both $7.50 for a 24 oz bottle which seems to be a really good price. I think I also read that Mother`s leather care has a scent of coconut, I was wondering if the same is true for their Reflections Advanced Leather Care? If so i`d be :drool:

TIA ;)

btw I plan on buying these products for a couple "mini detailing gifts" for a couple friends and family, these were some of the best values i`ve found so far.

imported_truzoom
10-04-2005, 05:25 PM
IIRC, Mother`s Reflections line is a competitor of Meguiar`s NXT, so I guess you can expect similar performance/price.

wannafbody
10-04-2005, 05:44 PM
I`ve used the reflections line and consider it the best OTC line as of now.

04MysticCobra
10-04-2005, 05:56 PM
I`ve used the reflections line and consider it the best OTC line as of now.

I have used the New Reflections Line and agree that it is an excellent OTC line. I really like the new Advanced Leather care. Easy to use, works great and has that same scent as Lexol which has been my goto Leather products for years. I bought my Mothers stuff online even though I can get it OTC near my home. prices are cheaper online than at the auto stores. I got my products at www.waxstation.com Lowest prices on the net.

Later,04MysticCobra.

fatchance
10-05-2005, 02:42 PM
I pretty much only use the Mothers Products, now. I agree with the the bang for the buck and results are outstanding. Typical process Mothers Power Polish, Reflections Wax and Top Coat. The reflection Leather Care is awsome for a one step. I perfer to use The FX wax Spray for QD or good ol fashion Showtime. Mothers really has an outstanding lineup.

Carlos_B5
10-05-2005, 10:50 PM
i agree too that people dont take mothers product`s here as a discussing matter, i use the 3 step proces and it works preaty good in a good condition paint, i have scratch remover wich it only works on certain cars (dont know why) in my VW paint, does nothing, but in a honda it does, oh well enyways im not familiar with Mother`s Reflections Advanced product line but i`l soon maybe get into that.

Alfisti
10-07-2005, 06:32 AM
Hello:

I would like to know if anyone has any experience with the Mother`s Reflections Advanced product line? I rarely read anything about any Mother`s products on this forum, and was somewhat interested in their newer Reflections Advanced line. I have yet to see any of their products locally, I was just skimming Autogeek and their prices seem to be some of the best "bang for your buck" that i`ve seen. I`m just curious how people fell about these products;

Both the Reflections and FX line are superb products. I`ve used several from both lines and rate them equal to most of the exotic products, and better than some. The lack of comment on Autopia about these products is puzzling to me. Maybe its an American thing. :nixweiss

specifically the Mother`s Reflections Advanced Spray Wax, which seems very similiar to OCW yet half the price and more product and the Reflections Advanced Leather Care. They are both $7.50 for a 24 oz bottle which seems to be a really good price.

I haven`t tried Reflections Spray Wax as a LSP so I don`t know about its durability as a stand-alone product. It maybe ok but I don`t know. I believe OCW is a genuine LSP. That may account for the cost difference.

You must also try the FX wax...its a remarkable look. Very wet and glossy yet doesn`t look sterile.

imported_rfinkle2
10-07-2005, 06:38 AM
I`ve tried FX synwax, and the newer bottle reflections. IMO, they are both very good as far as not streaking on black paint, but I don`t have very much experience w/ durability, since I`m always trying new things.

I don`t particularly like the spray wax (FX) , because i feel that I`d just as soon apply more of the "regular" waxes.

If you like shiny tires, I also have had good luck w/ their tire shine, it it lasts quite a few washes (very high shine).

wannafbody
10-07-2005, 07:19 AM
the FX tire shine is glossy and inexpensive

JaCkaL829
10-07-2005, 08:24 AM
I haven`t tried Reflections Spray Wax as a LSP so I don`t know about its durability as a stand-alone product. It maybe ok but I don`t know. I believe OCW is a genuine LSP. That may account for the cost difference.

From Mothers.com
The quick and easy way to add shine and protection. Used on a wet or dry surface, this clearcoat safe product works as a stand alone wax, a booster over existing wax or as a touch-up on high-use areas. Mothers® Reflections® Spray Wax is as versatile as it is simple to use.

Not sure if it is as durable as OCW, but for $7.50 for a 24 oz bottle, they can apply it more often, especially since its a spray wax. I think i`m going to order the Reflections Advanced Leather Care and Spray Wax for my cousin and friend as gifts. That along with some PakShak MFs should be a pretty nice start to detailing ;)

Thanks for the information everyone :bigups

petp
10-07-2005, 09:07 AM
i got the leather care spray just last week. its easy to use and leaves a nice smell and nice matte finish. good stuff.

GRexer
10-07-2005, 10:07 AM
I have been using the Synwax on a gray/silver car. I like it quiet a bit. Durability is only 2-4 weeks depending on weather.

Sherman8r44
10-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Some of the ppl at Mother`s waxforum.com have been complaining about Reflections Spray Wax being too thick and coming out as a string. It seems that FX Spray Wax (5.99 a bottle) is easier to use and produces just as good results.

fatchance
10-07-2005, 02:50 PM
I`ve compared the FX Spray Wax to Z8 several times and it`s just as good , if not better.

Alfisti
10-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Isn`t Z8 more like a QD than a sealant/wax booster?

I believe FX spray wax looks unreal and is a wipe on/wipe off product.