PDA

View Full Version : Metallic Blue Winter Prep-What to use?

TN9thSi
10-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Looking for some opinions of products to use on my car for winter prep. The paint is Mazda`s Lapis Blue Metallic. I currently have a few coats of Natty`s on the car, but am battling the elements and all the dust and debris in the air. I plan on doing AIO/SG(x2-3) but am looking for some opinions on this combo on my color and any suggestions otherwise. I want something that will be durable enough for the realtively mild winter in Nashville, but I also want the paint to look its best.

Here`s a pic of the car with Natty`s (Regular Paste):

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/6_Detail_3.jpg

Any input is appreciated.

TGates
10-04-2005, 02:48 PM
AIO/SG will be about as durable as it gets. You might look into Collinite Insulator Wax as a possible topper. I`m not sure if it`s a pure wax or if it has cleaners in it, but I do know it`s known for its durability. Meg`s #16 (discontinued) also has great durability. You should be set with the SG, though, IMO... on those nice days, you could top with a carnauba if you get bored.

Have you considered Zaino? It would look great on that color, and is among the most durable out there.

imported_Neothin
10-04-2005, 05:48 PM
i recently (like a few hours ago) finished up todays bit of my cars detail. I ended up doing just the front clip. I have a nautical blue metallic scion tc, a little bit darker than your car but still a metallic blue. I ended up doing optimum polish then VM/RMG/UPP i pulled the car out of the garage while there was still a decent amount of light and it looked amazing. the pop was phenomenal. I think this would be ok for you if you just started to layer UPP. 2-3 layers should be able to get you through the winter (and look damn good at the same time!). Eventually Ill be putting on a layer of souveran, but im going to get at least 2 coats of UPP on the whole car first.

On a side note to anyone, does 4*`s ultimate gloss enhancer spray renew UPP like say crystal mist would to souveran? I want to do the same process minus the souveran on my dad`s grey metallic chrysler concorde and wanted to know if there was a way to increase UPP`s durability w/o layering a bunch of times.

beastie
10-05-2005, 12:06 PM
I have a Miata with similar color. I swear by the K twins on that color. It`s crazy seeing a very shiny car in the middle of winter when everything is covered in grime and salt. It lasts too. See Qwik`s gallery to see what Klasse looks on metallic blue. Awesome pics.

TN9thSi
10-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Oh yeah, I remember those pics! That is one bad `bird. His color is similar to mine, but somewhat darker. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone else have any recommendations. I`m probably doing the car on Monday or Tuesday, maybe both :D