PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Glass Polish...

jmsc
10-04-2005, 08:15 AM
but am undecided on Diamondite, Autoglym or Zaino.

Tried claying windows but can still feel slight roughness on the glass as I move my fingers over it. Roughness similar to that on the paint surface prior to claying. Afraid to use #0000 steel wool on a 2005 Accord glass. Looking thru windshield during a setting sun, glass appears to have many small water spots or blemishes of some sort.

Are the 3 polishes similar or mild or is 1 more aggressive than the others. Price is not a concern at this time. Anyone try all three by hand or PC?

benpocock
10-04-2005, 09:27 AM
I`ve only tried the Autoglym so far and think it`s OK but not amazing. It dusts quite a bit and stains trim/rubber badly. I`ve got a bottle of DP Glass Restorer sitting in the garage but haven`t got round to trying it yet.

Ben

imported_flatstick
10-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Diamondite worked on a front and rear window of my Trailblazer where I had some water spot problems. took them off when nothing else would, easy to use just have to follow the directions. have not tried the others. water beads off the windows so fast it puts Rain-X to shame. I only used it on those two windows and was looking to post it in ABAY.PM me if you are interested

acl99
10-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Ive found mothers chrome polish used by pc with a cutting pad or polishing pad can take out water spots pretty easily.

Suasexed
10-04-2005, 12:28 PM
I`ve only tried the Autoglym so far and think it`s OK but not amazing. It dusts quite a bit and stains trim/rubber badly. I`ve got a bottle of DP Glass Restorer sitting in the garage but haven`t got round to trying it yet.

Ben

I agree, used some on my Mums 206 and the dusting was dreadful, but i think i may have used a bit too much. The rubber staining`s a bit of a b!tch too :hmph:

DM101
10-04-2005, 12:30 PM
Bon-Ami I think that how its spelled cleans glass very well. Just don`t rub it on your painted surfaces... RX8

Suasexed
10-04-2005, 12:42 PM
I was just thinking... AIO! I think i`ll give that a try :)

zippymbr
10-04-2005, 01:01 PM
AIO or VM are great on glass, and one or bout are in most detailers arsenals.

Lowejackson
10-04-2005, 01:11 PM

Ben

I find the Autoglym to work wonders with a PC. When using it by hand, dont let it dry and it should not dust at all.

Jaguar sell a very good cleaner but it is very dusty

stilez
10-04-2005, 01:39 PM
AIO and a felt polishing wheel on a drill worked for me over the weekend on some Lexus acid rain etched windows. I just applied the AIO to the wheel, did 2 slow overlapping passes per bead of product and wiped clean. It removed 80% of, I`d say, moderate etching. Give `er a shot.

DM101
10-04-2005, 02:30 PM
YOW what did it do to the Lexus paint??????