PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys sprayers

pontman43
10-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Is it just me or do the poorboys sprayers suck? I have the spray & gloss and the spray & wipe and both sprayers do a horrible job of spraying. They mist but also drip a lot of product with every squeeze of the trigger. If this isn`t just me, then PBs need to get some better sprayers! They are also very uncomfortable to hold in your hand, they dig into your hand when you hold it. I do like the products though.

usdm
10-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Yeah, they`re not very good. When I ran out of the Mother`s QD,

I poured my S&W into the bottle. I get better finer mist of spray.

blackcarwoes
10-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Yeah, they`re not very good. When I ran out of the Mother`s QD,

I poured my S&W into the bottle. I get better finer mist of spray.

Same here, except using the Megs Quik Detail bottles, sprays a very nice fine mist!

hd-nut
10-03-2005, 07:42 PM
The Meg`s bottles spray very good, and so does the Quickshine 32oz bottles

I just got 3 bottles of QS and I was going to empty one bottle into a "storage

bottle. And then put S&W into a QS bottle.

imported_seikoguy
10-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Same here, except using the Megs Quik Detail bottles, sprays a very nice fine mist!

Well said. The Megs Quick Detailer was the very first QD product I ever used. While it`s a decent product, I feel that the best part is actually that spray head! Pepboys usually has periodic sales of 16 oz. bottles for $3 each, and 32 oz. bottles for $6 each. Heck, I`ve found myself buying the 16 oz. bottles just for the bottle/sprayhead!

Setec Astronomy
10-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Yes, the Poorboy`s sprayers suck. There was a thread over on DC and I think here about this; he was using a particular brand (which I can`t remember the name of) which works very well and can be found on tons of household items, etc. I guess the popularity of the sprayers caused them to be sold differently, and IIRC, Poorboy needed to order 50,000 of them, which he declined to do...hence back to the crappy ones.

pontman43
10-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Yes, the Poorboy`s sprayers suck. There was a thread over on DC and I think here about this; he was using a particular brand (which I can`t remember the name of) which works very well and can be found on tons of household items, etc. I guess the popularity of the sprayers caused them to be sold differently, and IIRC, Poorboy needed to order 50,000 of them, which he declined to do...hence back to the crappy ones.

So it isn`t just mine. They could use some other ones like the typical sprayer bottle, cant imagine that you have to buy too many of those and I doubt they are too much. These sprayers seriously suck!! Poorboys really need to do something about this. I wouldn`t buy these again, unless it is on sale or something, just because of the sprayer.

Setec Astronomy
10-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Ok, I had time to search for the thread, here you go: Poorboy`s sprayer thread (http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55965&highlight=spray)

pontman43
10-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Read the thread, thanks. That sucks that they have these new sprayers. I think they need to search for a better one, maybe one of the cheap ones they`re talking about, because the current sprayers SUCK! Guess I`ll go buy some small fine mist pump spray bottles at Walmart.

imported_kgb
10-04-2005, 04:51 AM
They suck bad. I just buy different sprayers for them usually or use some from other manufacturers.