PDA

View Full Version : KLASSE AIO>SG>s100 just some opinions

Asmodaus
10-03-2005, 02:45 PM
I`ve been using AIO topped with S100 on a black SUV all summer with amazing results. Huge difference between any over the counter stuff and other high end brands I`ve used. I recently took the plunge and bought Klasse SG and gave it a wurl. After hearing all the tips and opinions on here, I thought I would post a few for people who are considering the Klasse twins. I`ll post a formal review after I`ve used it awhile.

1. First off I used AIO over the entire vehicle. My SG coats were put on very, very, thin, as recommended. It still streaked. I was buffing some off the next morning. I left some on intentionally, some I did not. I`ve heard chatter that you should let it cure for 24 hours before wiping it off. I found the greatest success putting on a few thin stips then wiping off immediately. Seemed to have a more profound impact than the parts I left on over night.

2. Also I can tell very little difference with multiple coats. I put on about three and it`s as slick as Vasoline but I could have stopped before that. We`re talking microscopic differences if any. Most like just cognitive desonence -making myself beleive it looks better because of all the work I put into it.

3. Excellent depth. The biggest impact is the shine and slickness. It`s very slick. Not so much more than AIO though.

4. I think it`s a little more sterile looking than carnuba wax. So I will top S100 soon.

5. Overall, it was a lot more of a hassle than AIO or S100. They`re a pleasure to apply and wipe off. SG would streak easily. It was tempermental to time and amount. Most the time you can barely see it going on because the coats are so thin. I don`t even know that it`s worth it. I can`t say the shine is that much more noticable than AIO topped with S100. For a classic show car, sure why not. For my everyday SUV, maybe -if you have extra time on your hands. I wanted to winterize my SUV so the main reason I did it was for durability. Jury is still out on that one. I`m sure it will be good.

Alright. I was excited about my new product. Thanks :bigups

spartacus_33
10-03-2005, 04:24 PM
SG will outlast S100 many times. This makes it worth the extra effort.

yankees1
10-03-2005, 04:57 PM
I found the same problem with SG but I still use it! I wonder if using a microfiber bonnet on a pc would make it much easier in removing SG? I can always find smudges of SG that I missed in taking off and I have a hard time in removing all of it by hand.

ghoonk
10-04-2005, 01:06 AM
I use SG with the wax-on, wax-off technique and it works better than if i had left it on for 10 minutes before buffing off. After 10 minutes, the streaks are really tough to get off, and i use the damp end of my SG applicator to soften the residue before buffing it right off. works like a charm.

I top off SG with some carnauba wax, and it does soften the look, making the shine more natural looking, but understanding the wax layer wouldn`t survive past a week or two in Singapore`s hot and humid weather with the occassional thunderstorm. The weather here has been fairly unpredictable lately, with hot mornings, showers around noon, with really humid afternoonds after.

SG provides me with a decent protection should contaminants get past the wax layer, so i`ve taken to a thin layer of SG every weekend, with a wax top-up mid-week.