PDA

View Full Version : Caring for Nappa & Nubuck Leather

E55
10-03-2005, 12:24 PM
I`m new to these forums, so be gentle with me, please ;)

I have a new 2006 MB E55 :woohoo: The seats are Nappa leather with Nubuck inserts. I am trying to figure out how to care properly for these kinds of leather.

The car manual is pretty worthless. The one thing it does say is NOT to use MB`s own leather products on the Nubuck leather.

I have been doing some research & visiting MB forums, but so far no one can really tell me how to care for my seats. Some people say use nothing but damp microfiber towels. Others tout specific products (but those products often warn about their use of glove-like leather or suede-like leather).

Can anyone provide specific guidance?

--

Hook

The Big Kahuna
10-04-2005, 10:37 AM
I would contact MB-USA via email and ask them what to use. This way if there are any staining problems you will have recourse.

stilez
10-04-2005, 11:06 AM
I`m guessing they are uncoated pieces?

Griot`s Garage has a product for those I believe. Also, a Coach Factory store would too.

Anthony O.
10-04-2005, 11:50 AM
I`m new to these forums, so be gentle with me, please ;)

I have a new 2006 MB E55 :woohoo: The seats are Nappa leather with Nubuck inserts. I am trying to figure out how to care properly for these kinds of leather.

The car manual is pretty worthless. The one thing it does say is NOT to use MB`s own leather products on the Nubuck leather.

I have been doing some research & visiting MB forums, but so far no one can really tell me how to care for my seats. Some people say use nothing but damp microfiber towels. Others tout specific products (but those products often warn about their use of glove-like leather or suede-like leather).

Can anyone provide specific guidance?

--

Hook

These are the items you want. http://www.topoftheline.com/leather--conditioner.html

*** The items shown are for aniline and protected leathers BUT they also have items for nubuck leather. Call Top of the Line, tell them I suggested the Leathermaster line to you but you need the Leathermaster items for nubuck/nappa leathers.

Hope this helps,

Anthony