PDA

View Full Version : Zaino & Car Wash other than Z7

mdb33
10-03-2005, 08:54 AM
I have never used any other car washing soap except Z7 on my cars when they have had Zaino z2/pro on them. I was wondering if I can use another soap w/o hurting the protection of the Zaino? I was thinking of trying the Optimum Car wash and wanted to see if that would be alright with the Z2 pro on the car. I don`t think it will be a problem, but just wanted to get the experts advice.

imported_Picus
10-03-2005, 10:25 AM
I haven`t used Optimum car wash but I`ve been using PB`s SSS forever and it doesn`t interfere with Zaino. I doubt Optimum will either.

Brazo
10-03-2005, 10:45 AM
I`ve been meaning to ask exactly the same Q as I haven`t got z7 yet! I used 1z perls on the weekend to good effect though. May try optimum wash as well!

imported_COBRyan
10-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Z7 is actually one of the stronger washes I have used. I don`t think you will find many washes (maybe some over the counter retails ones) that will hurt the performance on Zaino. Zaino is a pretty tough sealant and can withstand quite a bit. If you want a really good wash that has never diminished my wax/sealant, try TOL`s Bubble Wash. Quite a few people recommended it to me on here and I must say it is among the best I have ever used. I have not tried PB`s SSS but I hear that is also a great one. I thought the sample of the Tropi-Care wash was very good also.

I didn`t hear a lot of hype about the Optimum wash though.

mdb33
10-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Thanks for all the replies so far. I do like my Z7 alot, but I wish it came in larger sizes than 16oz. I like how much it suds and it is definitely a strong wash.. very few things it can`t take off the paint. I will do some more research on the different washes available.

DM101
10-03-2005, 12:29 PM
I like all the Meguire`s car washes. They produce a lot of suds and clean very well with no damage to your wax or sealant. Try the NXT, thats a good one. Good luck..

Craigster
10-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Ive used NXT wash and PB SuperSlick Suds with no problems over Z2Pro.

dogma
10-03-2005, 02:49 PM
I love Z7, I wouldn`t use anything else with Zaino. Also Z8 after Z7 is the ultimate, looks like you just spent hours detailing. I like using same product line components. I think FMJ is better with thier wash as is Souvran and Blackfire. JMO

TGates
10-03-2005, 09:04 PM
I`ve used NXT, Sonus, 1Z Perls, EO Wet, QEW, P21S... basically all of them with Zaino and have not had any ill effects. When you`re going to be layering the Zaino, obviously you`ll want to use the Z7. But for general maintenance, I think you`ll be fine with any car wash. I personally recommend the NXT.