PDA

View Full Version : Sonus SFX vs. Edge 2000

capt512
10-02-2005, 06:06 PM
I am looking at both the Sonus SFX pad kit and the Edge 2000 kit, and was wondering what if any noticeable difference there is between the two. My original white pad has finally done itself in, so I would like to upgrade to a good quality pad, looked at Propel but after the recent thread on velcro, I am not sure that I want to deal with that, even with great customer service...

yankees1
10-02-2005, 07:19 PM
I started out with the Edge system and it is great , but I cannot compare as I never tried any other pads or system. The quick release system of the Edge is fast and great. Pads do a super job also.

imported_animes2k
10-02-2005, 08:58 PM
I haven`t used the Edge pads, but I`ve gotten a full summer`s use out of my SFX and DAS pads and not had a problem with them at all (except that I was using the wrong backing plate for the DAS pads!). I find the DAS to be a little more forgiving for the beginner, but I haven`t had any problems whatsoever with velcro on these. The velcro on my yellow cutting LC pad, on the other hand... Toast after its first rotary experience.

littlejohn
10-03-2005, 05:10 AM
I have only used Megs and Edge 2k.. between the two I find teh Edge 2k to be a clear winner. the locking adapter is fantastic, it`s makes changing pads so much easier. and they`re always centered. The other good thing is that with the edge 2k.. each is ike 2 normal pads which also allow you to get to areas that would normally require a contortionist ;)