PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Bonnets for product removal

A-Spec119
10-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Do these bonnets do a good job of removing polish/wax after you buff? Or is it better to just do it by hand with an MF?

tlak
10-02-2005, 01:26 PM
When I got my PC I got bonnets as well, I like them specially to remove polish - easier and faster. I use them as well for wax removal - I think it is faster but I don`t any advantage of using bonnet versus MF beside speed.

:)

PakShak
10-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Aloha,

Bonnets work alright but I personally prefer removing/buffing off wax, polish, and sealants by hand. I think it allows more flexibility. And the products I use buff off easily anyways.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

a.k.a. Patrick
10-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Actually I find the bonnets work best for buffing after product removal by hand. This is especially useful when using the high oil content Polymers like Blackfire. One of the major drawbacks of Blackfire is this oil, and if you can elleviate or minimize it after removal by hand, with a bonnet, your sitting pretty in regards to dust control.....Other then that, Im with Ranney, everything is removed my hand. And if its not an easy product to use, I dont use it !

A-Spec119
10-02-2005, 03:28 PM
thanks guys

Accumulator
10-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Actually I find the bonnets work best for buffing after product removal by hand...

OR the other way around :D I often do the first passes with the bonnets and then follow up with a MF or CBT. The suede-style MFs from TOL really work well on the Cyclo for LSP buffing.

I`ve sorta gotten away from buffing off polishes with MF bonnets, they just load up too fast and I sometimes suspect that method induces micromarring by "over drying" the polishes that I`d rather remove while still a little wet.

Steve530
10-02-2005, 05:34 PM
When I put a MF bonnet on the PC, I find that the pad stops rotating. It still orbits but does not spin on the axis.

Anybody else have tis problem?

Accumulator
10-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Steve530- Check my post at BCC ;) Short answer: it`s normal.

imported_NYV6Coupe
10-07-2005, 09:47 AM
I prefer using the "trap the towel" method because it allows me to use my best MF towels.

I have an old 6" LC pad that`s getting kind of fuzzy, so that surface coupled with the non-plush side of some MF`s is kind of like velcro ... the towel will not fly off even when doing the side panels.

Reposition the towel on the pad as you move from panel to panel and run the PC at 3 - 4, there`s no need for excessive speed.

Accumulator
10-07-2005, 06:17 PM
I prefer using the "trap the towel" method ...

Yeah, some people really like doing it that way. I sorta like using Meg`s cutting pads for stuff like this (and for use with bonnets), seems like they really grab hold of the towel.

Back in the dark ages guys used to put a bath towel under a Cyclo.