PDA

View Full Version : This ever happen to anybody?

Pages : [1] 2

ProStreetCamaro
10-02-2005, 12:21 PM
I havent posted here in a while. The reason being because I have gotten to the point where I could care less about how my cars look. Today was the first time in almost 2 months that I washed and detailed my 99 SS camaro. I use to do it every week or two. With the weather being so hot and I have no shade at my house and the severe dust and pollen thats always in the air has brought me to my knees. I wash and deatil my cars just to have them covered in dirt 30 minutes later.

This is a trend I notice with myself. I absolutely love my cars and love when they are spotless clean but I end up wearing myself out on it every year to the point where I could care less. Then once fall rolls around and the weather cools off I pick back up on it till it gets to cold.

Right now it is about 76 out, no humidity and sunny. I have sweat pouring off of me and have a headach now after doing my SS. I look at the car and it looks amazing but later when I go to cruise it will be dirty again. I feel like I am beaing my head against a wall. :wall

So my question is, does this happen to anybody else here?

Jake11375
10-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Only when there is a forecast for continous rain. I just cannot bear seeing my car dirty especially being the unforgiving color black. But, I feel you, it is frustrating to put hours into cleaning and waxing only to see you work destroyed by the elements minutes later. You might try some different products that don`t attract too much dust, or if you don`t already, invest in a California duster for quick dust offs. Just keep on detailing my friend, a true Autopian soldier never admits defeat.... :grinno:

smak
10-02-2005, 01:04 PM
the fragile and temporary nature of the detail is part of its beuty, dontcha think?

imagine how an ice or snow sculptor feels when they put hours upon hours into a piece only to see it slowly deteriorate before their eyes afterwards.

its a struggle but in many ways its similar to life.. a metaphore maybe?

i guess its not for everyone, autopians are a strange breed indeed ;)

imported_series1
10-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah sometimes that happens to me occasionaly. I just started to pick it back up again because since I`m young (16 to be exact) I like to hang out with my friends and have a break from detailing my car and my familys cars because I know I will start back up again. I always take care of the garage queen Trans Am WS6 though.

ProStreetCamaro
10-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Well this car stays in the garage and is always clean.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/CamaroFrontAngle-1.jpg

And this one i just detailed. I use to do it all the time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/Myss.jpg

imported_truzoom
10-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Get a car cover!

ProStreetCamaro
10-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Get a car cover!

I seriosuly thought about it. But arent the really good ones around $200+? Which one would everybody reccomend?

BTW the top car use to look like this. Man the PC really turned it around!!!!!!!!! :woot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/DSC00002.jpg

the other pc
10-02-2005, 01:18 PM
the fragile and temporary nature of the detail is part of its beuty, dontcha think?

imagine how an ice or snow sculptor feels when they put hours upon hours into a piece only to see it slowly deteriorate before their eyes afterwards.

its a struggle but in many ways its similar to life.. a metaphore maybe?..."That`s beautiful. That`s real. The moment was temporary like everything is. Nothing in life really stays. And it`s beautiful that they go. They have to go in order for the next thing to come. You can almost add beauty to a thing by accepting that it`s temporary."

- Paul McCartney

imported_Totoland Mach
10-02-2005, 01:37 PM
WOW!...both cars are stunning! (and that`s coming from a certified Mustang nut).

I invested in the Weathershield cover by Covercraft for my Mach 1. Best thing I ever did.

You`re right about the cost: $200.+, but they do a great job of weather protection.

I know about getting "bummed" about detailing...I`ve gotten "bummed" by my diabetes and sluffed it off or a while. Then, I get back on track. You will too.

Stunning Bow Ties`s

Totoland Mach

Here`s a pic of the 2 tone Weathershield

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/192Mach_With_Weathershield-med.jpg

ProStreetCamaro
10-02-2005, 02:53 PM
WOW!...both cars are stunning! (and that`s coming from a certified Mustang nut).

I invested in the Weathershield cover by Covercraft for my Mach 1. Best thing I ever did.

You`re right about the cost: $200.+, but they do a great job of weather protection.

I know about getting "bummed" about detailing...I`ve gotten "bummed" by my diabetes and sluffed it off or a while. Then, I get back on track. You will too.

Stunning Bow Ties`s

Totoland Mach

Here`s a pic of the 2 tone Weathershield

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/192Mach_With_Weathershield-med.jpg

Thanks alot for the compliments! What color is your mach? A friend of mine has a white one and she loves it. That is a very nice looking car cover. How well does it keep rain off your car? I wish somebody would make a car cover out of gore tex like they use in hunting boots. 100% water proof yet it still breaths very well. I immagine it would cost a small fortune to do that.

imported_Totoland Mach
10-02-2005, 03:51 PM
The Mach is Dark Shadow Gray and I`ve had it for 2.5 years. I`m slooowly adding mods, mostly appearance. I`ve put Team III Halibrand replica`s which had to be custom fabbed for the front brake caliper (hence, no deep dish up front).

The Weathershield does allow some moisture to wick through, but the % is small. You can check their website and give the environment specs and you`ll get a recommendation.

Here`s a pic of the car (the dog on the back tire is not a real Jack Russell LOL)

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/13244mach_at_cobrashow_1.jpg

Carlos_B5
10-02-2005, 04:18 PM
im with u on this, ive had this problem of weather, were it rains with the sun up, ocassionaly clouds with water, but i just can`t see the car dirty either, wen it dosent rain that much i wash the car once a week and just spray son Meg`s QD and take the dirt out with a MF towell, here to is preaty dusty wind, good luck and just don`t give up on ur car.

imported_Eric
10-02-2005, 04:39 PM
I was never totally meticulous but about 5 years ago (with the help of Autopia) I did pretty good. As you can see..I haven`t posted for a while. As I get older..I find I have other things to occupy my time. I haven`t waxed my main vehicle for about 3 years. I think this week I`ll get the collinite FleetWax out. :)

Jake11375
10-03-2005, 06:10 AM
Nice Camaros Prostreet!

Hey Totoland, is your dog relieving himself on your back tire. Nice Mach1 BTW. :bigups

imported_Totoland Mach
10-03-2005, 06:18 AM
Nice Camaros Prostreet!

Hey Totoland, is your dog relieving himself on your back tire. Nice Mach1 BTW. :bigups

Thanks Jake: the dog is from e-bay. I have a lot of fun with it at car shows, especially with the little kids...takes `em a second to figure out it`s not real.

Funny thing was: when I unboxed that dog and put it on my garage floor, my 2 female pitbulls got `real` wary...hair stood up and they circled that thing for 5 minutes LOL.

See Ya