PDA

View Full Version : Zaino PC

Pages : [1] 2

ahunt01
10-01-2005, 10:26 AM
I bought the new Zaino PC a little bit ago, and finally got a chance to use it today. Wow, that stuff swirled my hood up worse than it already was. I applied it like the bottle said by hand, so what gives? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Here is a pic of "the results." That isn`t residue either, it`s swirls...

http://users.adelphia.net/~ahunt01/swirled.jpg

imported_Burlyq
10-01-2005, 10:44 AM
It just looks like the polish didn`t break down, I would venture that for swirl removal you will need a machine regardless of the product. I have used Z=PC by hand and never got any marring, maybe it was an amount thing or applicator thing? Anyhow, good luck break out the machine.

Chang
10-01-2005, 10:45 AM
hmmm I`m not familiar with zaino PC but I`ll assume its their compound?

What did you use? Hand, Rotary, or Dual Action?

my best guess is you didn`t work it long enough.

ahunt01
10-01-2005, 10:54 AM
I used it by hand. I`ve heard of plenty of people getting good results by hand, so I`m purplexed as to why I didn`t. Did I push down too hard? Am I supposed to do it longer, but gentle?

imported_Burlyq
10-01-2005, 10:56 AM
I have gotten great results by hand but not for swirl removal.

Chang
10-01-2005, 10:59 AM
By the looks of it you have to work it much longer. With similar products you should work it untill it starts to dust or becomes clear, I`m pretty sure thats how zaino works. But swirl remover by hand is very difficult better have big muscles :)

Ryan314
10-01-2005, 01:36 PM
That looks a lot like haze to me... did you apply anything after you used the ZPC?

I ordered this stuff too and haven`t tried it yet :nervous2: .

TGates
10-01-2005, 02:44 PM
I assume you used it over a clean surface... What kind of applicator pad did you use? You should work it in until the product breaks down, or clears out, or whatever you want to call it. I have used it by hand on my dark blue car with no ill effects whatsoever. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised at its effectiveness just by hand.

I used the supplied Zaino applicator pad and did a section at a time. What was your procedure?

imported_DARKSTI
10-01-2005, 03:26 PM
did you do it in the sun?

1 Clean WS6
10-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Bluntly...buy a PC.

You are not working the polish enough as it is definitely not fully broken down in that pic.

I found it best to spread and work ZPC at speed 5 until it begins to dust a bit then stop and bump your speed up to 6 making several slow passes. When it is completely broken down there will be nothing but shine left.

imported_RIC
10-01-2005, 05:09 PM
did you do it in the sun?

Thats what I believe the problem is. You shouldn`t use ANY polish in the sun on a hot surface...even the ones that are sun friendly.

Scottwax
10-01-2005, 05:37 PM
If you have to work by hand, use a folded terry cloth towel, folded into 1/8ths size so it forms a thick pad. If you use foam pads or terry/mf pads with foam inside, your fingers tend to form pressure points which cause marring. Product also builds up on them as well, which also causes marring.

Work the product over a 2` x 2` area, first in a circular pattern with firm, even pressure then change to front to back, again with firm even pressure until the product either dusts or clears out. Wipe off the residue, refold the towel and move on to the next area.

harvey
10-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Call Sal Zaino and ask him what to do.

Intercooled
10-01-2005, 06:35 PM
I have had the same results on my GN black custom paint. On my factory GM paint it worked just fine. I have also seen some other similar complaints on here about the ZPC. I wonder of soft paint is the culprit.

SpoiledMan
10-01-2005, 06:56 PM
I don`t think it`s a problem with the product or the paint but the improper hand application. Either do it with a PC or follow Scottwax`s hand application instructions.