PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Adams line of products?

Martinrulz
09-30-2005, 07:49 PM
I came across adamspolishes.com and was pretty impressed with what I saw from his how to videos. I`m gonna buy one of their kits to try out, anyone else have any experiences with his products?

ZaneO
09-30-2005, 07:56 PM
I`ve used the Butter Wax, Brilliant Spray Glaze, Detail Spray, and VRT.

I like the Detail Spray and VRT. I can live without the other.

If you`re interested in Adam`s stuff, you might also be interested in Chemical Guys stuff.

Way2SSlow
09-30-2005, 08:01 PM
The Clay is awesome.

The Revive polish works well by itself, and I like using it with the scratch and swirl remover.

The Carpet cleaner works very well. I use it with my LGCM.

The Butter wax has an AWESOME look, and is the easiest liquid wax in the world to use.

The Car wash is as good as any I have tried.

The Detail Spray is my favorite QD.

The VRT is also awesome. It`s probably my favorite product. It`s my favorite for dash/interior as well as tires.

The Detail sponges are a must have, once you get used to them....the Microfiber is probably my favorite out of all that I have tried.

I think that`s all the Adam`s stuff that I have.

DCT
09-30-2005, 08:03 PM
A while back I was given an entire Adam`s detailing kit for review. To be honest, other than the detail spray, I found most of his stuff to be "average" at best... especially given the prices of his products.

While the video`s are nice marketing tools, I find them to show some very poor detailing techniques.

Martinrulz
09-30-2005, 08:21 PM
A while back I was given an entire Adam`s detailing kit for review. To be honest, other than the detail spray, I found most of his stuff to be "average" at best... especially given the prices of his products.

While the video`s are nice marketing tools, I find them to show some very poor detailing techniques.

Hmm, interesting last comment there. I`m a n00b to detailing and I`ve just been kinda copying his techniques. What in particular do you refer to about the way he did things?

imported_Bence
09-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Washing technique is a joke and ditto for PC use.

a.k.a. Patrick
09-30-2005, 08:29 PM
I was mailed a trial sample of his QD. It was nice, but the smell drove me up the wall, thats all I have tried from the there line.

DCT
09-30-2005, 08:54 PM
[/B]

Hmm, interesting last comment there. I`m a n00b to detailing and I`ve just been kinda copying his techniques. What in particular do you refer to about the way he did things?

Well, I could go on all night on that subject. However, here are just a few things with the washing technique.

Wash the vehicle from the top-down.

Use a separate rinse bucket for rinsing out the wash mitt. No sense in rinsing out the dirt from the mitt and then grabbing suds from the same bucket.

Then, double check the mitt before you put in on the paint... if it is still dirty, rinse out ALL the dirt before it touches the paint again.

Don`t try and wash half the vehicle with one dip in the suds bucket. One or two panels is usually plenty, depending on how dirty the vehcile is. Check the mitt as you are washing. If it is dirty, rinse it out.

NEVER, EVER, use the same mitt on your paint that you use on the inside of the fenders, exhaust tips, and engine compartment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don`t use the same brush on your wheels, tires, wheel wells, and engine compartment.

There`s more on the washing video`s alone... but it`s getting late. :D

RCBuddha
09-30-2005, 10:43 PM
I like:

VRT Dressing: Leaves a nice finish with w/o the greasy feeling

Detail Spray: Very slick, and leaves a nice gloss

Carpet Cleaner: Works very well, even on some tough stains

Revive Polish: Pretty easy to use, and leaves a nice gloss

Brilliant Spray Glaze: For chrome and plastic it works very well. I like it more on SS paints, it adds a nice gloss.

I also tried "Butter Wax" and got a decent shine, but durability didn`t seem to be very long.

Good products though.