PDA

View Full Version : package names

derek37
01-22-2005, 03:19 AM
I`m looking for ideas on what to call my 3 different packages.
Don`t want to use the common thoughts like
1st, 2nd, 3rd, or Gold, Silver, Bronze etc. you know what I mean?
Looking for some new and creative ideas.
I`m thinking three pkges might bring it down to 2 though.
What do you guys call your packages?

Thank you for your input. :cool

Ed Hartman
01-22-2005, 07:19 AM
First off, I would not drop my packages to only 2. From a marketing perspective, people like choices. Never give a client a choice between something and nothing. For example, in the 1960`s when Mcdonalds was on the rise, there soft drink sales were not very good. They only offered small and large. Well, there marketing people added medium to the menu. Soft drink sales went up 35% by adding a 3rd option. When you go to Mcdonalds and order a #3, what are your options? Regular, large and biggie right. This is not by accident. They spend millions of dollars in research and the 3 options is what sells the most....Choices......Look at the 7-Eleven "Big Gulp". How many sizes can you get these days...alot..Its not by accident, they offer many choices. There marketing people are smart. If 7-eleven sold a 64 oz Big Gulp and no other options, it simply would not sell or sell very little...Choices.....

1. Offering "packages" allows your customer to actually see exactly what they are paying for.
2. Most customers will choose the higher level of cleaning.
3. It allows you to get a higher price.
4. It allows you to maintain consistant profit margins by pricing more accurately for the level of service.
5. It defines the different levels of service and makes it much easier for your office staff to explain your services to potential customers.
6. It creates a distinction between your and your compition.
7. It raises your average ticket price with very little effort.

So, if your in the detailing biz, in my opinion you should be offering 3 choices to your client. Let them decide.

Some package names. Basic. Deluxe, Premium...All Star, Home-Run, Grand Slam.

zainoshine
01-22-2005, 11:08 AM
I`ve named my packages with inspiration from the Mercedes-Benz vehicles in Europe. In Europe they have Classic, Elegance, and Avantgarde.

So I named my packages Classic (hand wash, trim, vacuum, etc.), Elegance (everything in Classic and adds a full interior detail), and The Five Diamond (I knew I wanted my top package to be called that-the highest level given to fine hotels). That`s the full detail. Four packages isn`t as simple and seems confusing, two isn`t enough to offer, and three is just right.

I probably should add and exterior only package..what do you guys think? I figured people spend the most time in the interior, and if I did an exterior only, they mine as well upgrade to a Five Diamond.

Does that make sense?

Carl

TDMAN
01-24-2005, 05:14 PM
I name my packages after the products I use and charge accordingly. I have the "Detailers Choice", the "Twins", etc. I have it in my brochure and then I get the opportunity to sell it to them based on what look they are looking for.

derek37
01-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Yeah I don`t know. The best I`ve heard so far is
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3
Now these are names only for the exterior. I offer a interior service as well. When folks want in/out I think I`ll call them
Stage 1+
Stage 2+
Stage 3+
Unless something better comes along :dunno

tooklean
01-25-2005, 05:18 AM
1. Gold Package (Full Detail)

2. Value Package (express detail)

3. Budget Package ( Hand wash & Exterior)

ndnguy
01-25-2005, 11:08 PM
1. Gold Package (Full Detail)

2. Value Package (express detail)

3. Budget Package ( Hand wash & Exterior)

Sounds good Tooklean. :bigups