PDA

View Full Version : Please helpp and comment on this

tableturns
09-30-2005, 08:03 AM
I recently picked up interest in fully detailing my car after discovering this board. Ive been doing a lot of reading on this forum. Im sort of new to waxing and polishing. I have a white car and these are the products i had ordered.

Meguiars Gold Class shampoo

Blue microfiber pads

Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Polish

Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

Poorboys Spray & Wipe

Poorboys Natural Look

Clay Magic and Lubricant spray

303 Cleaner & Spot Remover

Forever Black Bumper & Trim dye kit

Micro-Restore Microfiber Detergent

Microfiber towel from Exceldetail

Keep in mind that my car is white and it has never been polished or waxed since ive had for 5 years. Here is what i plan on doing in this order: Wash car with shampoo rinse with water then wash again then dry with a waffle weave drying towel. Next clay the car using Clay Magic, then wipe off with a MF polishing towel if any residue is leftover. Then use Klass all in one after claying. Then applying Klass high gloss sealant. Do you think that would be the correct order? and also would applying Poorboy spray and wipe remove the wax? What would be a good engine degreaser and dressing to get at a local auto store? Do you think that poorboy spray and wipe is considered a quick detailer? and is it ok to polish and wax in a 60-65 degree weather?

Thank you very much for your comments or feedback :xyxthumbs

Wasatch
09-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Temps ok.

Why do you want to wash your car twice, once is enough? If you want to wash after claying that`s ok. After you wash, dry with WW. Clay, then I would just rinse, dry with WW. Apply the AIO with a MF applicator (has more bite than a foam app). Apply SG. If you want to apply another layer of SG wait at least 24 hours, I would wait a couple of days, but that`s me. I would use the SW after the car was layered and needed a wash/wipe down. I would look into QDs instead of SW.

tableturns
09-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Thank you John, well from reading the forums on here from my understanding i thought the SW was a QD?

Wasatch
09-30-2005, 09:37 AM
It is but leaves nothing behind, mostly used for a waterless wash.

Wasatch
09-30-2005, 09:40 AM
You can use the SW for your lube while claying or after rinsing just clay and lube where needed.

tableturns
09-30-2005, 10:07 AM
So what are some of the Qds that i can find at a local parts store you would recomment that leave that shine behind if you know what i mean

boosteddsm
09-30-2005, 10:24 AM
So what are some of the Qds that i can find at a local parts store you would recomment that leave that shine behind if you know what i mean

Pep Boy`s, Long Haul Truck Gloss

sQuashed
09-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Mothers "Showtime" QD is a good over the counter product along with the Meguires QD`s .

Wasatch
09-30-2005, 12:31 PM
For me the Showtime grabbed/stuck my MF alot. I would go with Meg`s #34.