PDA

View Full Version : Eagle 1 Wet Car Wash

Pages : [1] 2

imported_civicdacbiet
09-30-2005, 04:36 AM
What do u guys think of this product? I always see it on sale at rediculous prices!

Is it as good as meguiars gold class or nxt wash? It`s funny because i always see other eagle one products going for high prices (like the tyre shine) but was wondering why the wash is so cheap.

Is it an inferior wash or is it going to be discontinued or upgraded soon? Would love to hear any feedback from ur past experiences!

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/2294/carwash64oz3000ts.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7775/carwash6tl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

wannafbody
09-30-2005, 06:56 AM
check the reviews section-most rate it pretty good

petp
09-30-2005, 07:10 AM
its the only car wash i use...i absolutely love it. dont think theyre gonna discontinue it since they came out with a new formula this year...last years was red colored, this years is blue colored. maybe theyre trying to get rid of it since the winter is coming?

Alfisti
09-30-2005, 07:45 AM
I`ve used the red version and its excellent. 90% of the performance of Gold Class at a fraction of the price. :up

Setec Astronomy
09-30-2005, 08:12 AM
What kinda price for that Eagle One wash?

imported_civicdacbiet
09-30-2005, 08:31 AM
In Australia, i often see it on sale for abt $9-10 AUD.

Alfisti
09-30-2005, 08:37 AM
That`s about right. Where as GC or NXT is between $20-30 a jug.

BigAl3
09-30-2005, 05:08 PM
the new eo1 car wash in the blue formula works pretty good, but i like the gc better. it seems to leave a glossier finish...

imported_seikoguy
09-30-2005, 05:24 PM
This 64 oz. jug (new blue version) is presently on sale at Advanced/Discount Auto Parts for US$3.97 each.

imported_civicdacbiet
09-30-2005, 09:47 PM
btw, cant seem to find this review section. i was under the impression this was it...

Alfisti
09-30-2005, 11:53 PM
http://autopia.org/reviews

imported_civicdacbiet
10-02-2005, 07:20 PM
I checked it out, i dont trust the reviews though. i feel it may be biased. anyway, ive decided to go with the eagle 1 even though i believe gc to be better. i realised it is just a wash, and as long as it facilitates cleaning without scratches, its not really nearly as important as other stages of detailing.

My car looks the same washed with any car wash so long as the wash is half decent.

imported_civicdacbiet
10-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Is there anything wrong with my reasoning?

Alfisti
10-03-2005, 04:48 AM
i realised it is just a wash, and as long as it facilitates cleaning without scratches, its not really nearly as important as other stages of detailing.

Actually, washing is the most imortant part of your regular detailing regimen if you`re not following with machine polishing.

Its at this stage that you get most of your marring, so what you use and how you use it is critical.

Thus, you need to choose your carwash carefully. E1 Wet is an excellent shampoo, not just for the price, but because it creates a lot of nice tight bubbles like a thick cream. This lubricates and cushions the surface from dirt and pressure from your wash mitt. Some people like big frothy bubbles. They may look nice but are useless when it comes to cushioning. The bead must have body and thickness - like whipped cream. It also is mild enough not to strip your previously applied wax.

The reviews are helpful when you follow the advice from the comments, rather than the star rating. The comments are accurate as they reflect the genuine experiences of individuals in a variety of circumstances. Then draw your own conclusions.

Of the car washes I`ve tried, the following get my nod:

E1 Wet - excellent

Megs GC - excellent

Megs NXT - excellent

Mothers Cali Gold - excellent

TW Platinum Ultra Gloss - very good

Carplan Triple Wax Car Shampoo - good

Autoglym Body Wash (low foaming, high lube, high gloss) - superb

Megs Soft Wash was very dissappointing...waste of money IMO.

imported_civicdacbiet
10-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Actually, washing is the most imortant part of your regular detailing regimen if you`re not following with machine polishing.

Its at this stage that you get most of your marring, so what you use and how you use it is critical.

Thus, you need to choose your carwash carefully. E1 Wet is an excellent shampoo, not just for the price, but because it creates a lot of nice tight bubbles like a thick cream. This lubricates and cushions the surface from dirt and pressure from your wash mitt. Some people like big frothy bubbles. They may look nice but are useless when it comes to cushioning. The bead must have body and thickness - like whipped cream. It also is mild enough not to strip your previously applied wax.

The reviews are helpful when you follow the advice from the comments, rather than the star rating. The comments are accurate as they reflect the genuine experiences of individuals in a variety of circumstances. Then draw your own conclusions.

Of the car washes I`ve tried, the following get my nod:

E1 Wet - excellent

Megs GC - excellent

Megs NXT - excellent

Mothers Cali Gold - excellent

TW Platinum Ultra Gloss - very good

Carplan Triple Wax Car Shampoo - good

Autoglym Body Wash (low foaming, high lube, high gloss) - superb

Megs Soft Wash was very dissappointing...waste of money IMO.

Hey thats a kickass reply dude. thanks a bunch!

im gonna get the eagle 1 and use it up. next time round, or if i find gc on special, ill try that out and compare later. for now, im willing to try out eagle 1 for starters.

i have heard only good things about autoglym but im not sure if its avail in australia through a distributor. i think if i import anything, i will be on a budget so ill only spend on imported necessities like buffer pads, WW towel, poorboys or optimum polish and nattys wax. i am using megs lambwool mitt now and probably wont look into genuine aust sheepskin.

Where do u get ur autoglym from, is it worth importing?