PDA

View Full Version : Just rec`d order of VM

imported_topnotch
09-29-2005, 06:45 AM
I have heard so much positive feedback about the product I had to get some of my own. I also bought some Moose wax b/c I rec`d a good deal on it and I figured I would give that a try. I am working on a regular customer this weekend with a blue Audi and was wondering how long this combo would last? I am thinking of Claying, Vm(LC white pad), and then Moose wax to top. The Swirls on the car are minimal so I think this should do the trick. Let me know what you guys this.

A-Spec119
09-29-2005, 12:32 PM
it should be just fine

papi_jay
09-29-2005, 04:46 PM
I believe 4 months + if he washes it properly and/or QD and you do 2 coats back to back of CMW to ensure proper coverage . Give the car a final thorough wipedown with an MF after the VM stage to get any excess oils leftover .

Scottwax
09-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Which Moose Wax? The white Carnauba Moose or the brown Moose? Carnauba Moose is definitely more durable and works better over Vanilla Moose since it doesn`t contain cleaners like the regular Moose Wax.

You can get 3-6 months durability out of CMW depending on enviromental conditions, washing habits and exposure to the elements. About 3 months max with the regular Moose Wax.

imported_topnotch
09-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Its the white one with Carnauba. I tried a test area by hand and so far it looks promising. I am glad to hear that it is durable also.

Scottwax
09-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Oh yeah, apply CMW with a finishing pad, seems to give it an even better shine!

imported_animes2k
09-29-2005, 10:37 PM
I gave VM another shot on part of my dad`s car (2002 dark green metallic Acura TL-S) after a wash tonight and before I wasn`t all that impressed with it on my car (silver), but with a white SFX polishing pad and PC, it cleaned up some light wash marring very nicely. I followed up with RMG on a finishing pad and #26 paste by hand... Can`t wait to check it out in the light tomorrow, but MAN it looks sooo nice and wet now (and maybe even darker than the rest - which has Z2x2 on it). Tasty stuff, that VM :)