PDA

View Full Version : Dressing my tires?

NorcalZ71
09-28-2005, 10:05 PM
So one thing i have never really messed with too much is dressing my tires. I dress the tires every so often on my dads audi and moms suburban, but my truck has 38s so its a lot of tire to dress. I picked up some NXT insane shine tire dressing whatever and am gonna give it a go tomorrow. However, how do i go about keeping it off my wheels (chrome 20s)? Also, what is the best way to spread it around my sidewall, as the tire has a pretty aggressive sidewall tread (toyo MTs) compared to a smooth walled car tire, lots of nooks and crannies.

imported_truzoom
09-28-2005, 10:08 PM
If you`ve got some cardboard laying around, cut out a circle that is big enough to cover the wheel. Punch a good sized hole in the middle so you can hold it and spray away.

Aerosol tire dressings work great on applications where spreading it around just isn`t practical. I`d see how it turns out just after spraying.

NorcalZ71
09-28-2005, 10:10 PM
If you`ve got some cardboard laying around, cut out a circle that is big enough to cover the wheel. Punch a good sized hole in the middle so you can hold it and spray away.

good thinking man, i figured something along those lines would work well but wasnt sure if anyone made like a wheel guard or something, or if people actually taped them off

pontman43
09-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Its pretty easy to keep off the wheels, it sprays really accuratly. And being its an arisol it gets in nooks and crannies pretty good.

pontman43
09-28-2005, 10:12 PM
good thinking man, i figured something along those lines would work well but wasnt sure if anyone made like a wheel guard or something, or if people actually taped them off

There are wheel guard manufactures, but they are a waist of money when you can make your own, like previously stated.