PDA

View Full Version : Newby w/a question!

bigguy2000
09-28-2005, 09:54 PM
New here after looking around for a detailing site since ordering `06 G35 Coupe (Black) .....

Admit to being very picky and dilligent at keeping my rides clean and nice loking. Amazed though to see the expertise on this site. Will someone advise this neophyte if I`m on the right track? While quite anal I`m a bit lazt,too. I`d like to use Optima and nothing else. Will this give my black car a good look w/o going to the lengths the pro`s here are using? Would some of you be nice enough to advise me on this product, the best way to apply it and whether or not I will get adequate protection of my paint? If you would be so kind as to advise me how to best wash and some specifics on microfiber types , both for wash and polish removal it would be appreciated. BTW, I`m struggling with the abbreviations so ber with me on those and many thanks to those kind enough to respond!

Accumulator
09-29-2005, 10:20 AM
bigguy2000- Welcome to Autopia!

Trying to keep a black vehicle looking good while still having a life is tough ;) Trying to keep *any* vehicle looking good is usually more work than most people would ever imagine.

Can`t help with that product as I haven`t used it, but somebody oughta chime in with an opinion.

For washing, check the Hall of Fame forum. I have my wash techinque written up there under something like "Accumulator`s Non-marring Wash Technique". Not easy, but you *can* wash without marring the paint.

papi_jay
09-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Accumulator speaks the truth ! If your car has no swirls or micro marring or scratches , then only a clear and full knowledge of proper washing technique will keep your car in good shape .

if paint is a-ok , proper washing a light claying and a hand paint cleaner/polish such as Meguiar`s gold Class #1 would be sufficient .

Then simply choose a good long lasting sealant and wax topper combo and a QD+

If your choice is Optimum Spray wax , then that is good or about 3 months itself with just 2 applications 1 day apart .

Also learn to properly dress and protect your rims and tires and other rubbers to make wash sessions a much easier task by preventing buildup pf brake dust and such ..

steveAZ
09-29-2005, 04:46 PM
As far as the abbreviations go, this will help you a lot.

Link (http://autopia.org/forum/faq.php?faq=secret_decoder_ring)

You can also find it on the home page, look on the top right for the "secret decoder ring" link.

bigguy2000
10-05-2005, 08:35 AM
Gentelmen... Thanks for the responses to h Newby`s question. Can`t wait ttry them when my `06 G35 Coupe arrives in November.