PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Protectant Plus

joburnet
09-28-2005, 05:02 PM
I haven`t heard anyone talk about this product except for one post saying that they liked it. I just used it for the first time and I like it as well. I`m comparing it to Megs #40 because that`s what I normally use and I like it as well.

The OPP doesn`t clean nearly as well as #40 but it leaves a nice Matte finish instead of a more glossy finish like the #40. It doesn`t streak, is easy to use, and I like the fine mist that the bottle it comes in produces.

I think the OPP leaves the interrior looking very clean and new which is great but I just wish it had a little more cleaning ability.

I would have to say that if I were detailing a 2005 Mercedes then I would definatly choose the OPP but if I were detailing a dirty 97 explorer I would probably prefer the Megs.

I would like to see if anyone else has tried it and what they thought. Thanks.

Jon

Ron Harris
09-28-2005, 05:14 PM
John I use it every day. I dont use it to clean, however it dose have cleaning properties.

If I have an interior that is very dry looking I some times will mist the interior to the point that it starts to drip, close the doors and do what needs to be done on the out side of the car. When it has dryed I wipe off the excess and it brings it back to life. The best part is the interior is not all slick and stickey. It also has some type of polymer or something like that provides protection.

joburnet
09-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Dents - How would you say your customers like it compared to a more glossy finish?

Scottwax
09-28-2005, 08:58 PM
I`ve used it too and I agree it has a great matte finish, maybe a bit more shine than Meguiars Interior QD (which seems to have no added gloss). I don`t use it or #40 for their cleaning properties, just for protection.

Ron Harris
09-29-2005, 03:16 AM
[QUOTE]Dents - How would you say your customers like it compared to a more glossy finish?

My customers don`t like all that wet bling look. They expect the car to look as close to new as possible.