PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of Moles!?!?!?!

Pages : [1] 2

twopu
09-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Has anyone had success getting rid of moles? I sprayed some Spectricide Mole Control and put down Grub X but the ```````s keep coming back. I had to reseed my entire lawn because they tore it up. Any suggestions?

imported_animes2k
09-28-2005, 01:34 PM
a rocking chair, some chewin` tobacco and a .22 rifle...

imported_truzoom
09-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Find a certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. :)

I`d call a professional. You probably need to get them from the source.

4830Deuce
09-28-2005, 02:28 PM
a rocking chair, some chewin` tobacco and a .22 rifle...

:D haha... I had some awhile back, they have these killer looking traps with all these spikes on them to kill them....they sell them at your local hardware store...

imported_Neothin
09-30-2005, 07:20 AM
my grandpa had them a while back... like deuce suggested, there are small traps that you dig into the ground inline with their tunnels. Next time they use that tunnel, the trap snaps together and now you have a dead mole. Just imagine the physcological implications of this to the other moles though... your just happily walked down your tunnel, and your buddy frank is there chopped in half. I wouldnt want to hang around!

TortoiseAWD
09-30-2005, 07:45 AM
http://members.cox.net/sborders/caddyshack.jpg

"To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They`re like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior firepower and superior intelligence. And that`s all she wrote."

I know, I know: It`s a gopher, not a mole. But everytime I see this topic in the forum listings, Carl`s war with the Varmint Cong pops into my head.

Tort

mtwedt
09-30-2005, 09:57 AM
I had one of those wretched things in my yard, which is very small, and just one mole dug 17 holes to the surface in just 2 days! I had suggestions ranging from inserting a hose into a tunnel that is connected to you car exhaust to dumping Juicy Fruit gum down the hole that the mole will ultimatly choke on! One of my patients told me in great detail how to place mole killing poison sucessfully and he was a head gardener to Queen Elizabeth at Balmoral Castle. All of it sounded fairly dicey and I was not comfortable with using poisons with neighborhood pets and small children around, so I called a mole catcher who set 2 traps after looking at the tunnel pattern and selecting the most likely ones that the mole would use to get around. I wouldn`t have a clue as to how to do that. The little bugger was trapped and killed by the very next morning. I felt it well worth the 75 bucks I spent and wish I had done it immediately because these critters can cause a ton of damage very quickly and repairing it can be a great deal more expense and hard work than just ponying up for a pro to do it right.

zippymbr
09-30-2005, 10:32 AM
I used rat killer. Find the active tunnels and poke a hole with a screwdriver into the top of the tunnel. Drop a few pieces of the rat bait in. Presto! dead mole :) My wife is a serious gardner and moles/voles are her mortal enemy.

mdsmithers
09-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Second on the juicy fruit and I`ve heard chocolate laxative or Bill Murray.

mtwedt
10-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Second on the juicy fruit and I`ve heard chocolate laxative or Bill Murray.I shudder to think of the effect of X-lax on a mole. What if it had the same effect it does on people? It would certainly provide another slant on someone`s mole problem. The thing I like about the pro that I hired was that the mole was trapped by the next morning and both the traps and the mole were carted off by said professional. I am quite willing and capable of working inside a human chest but I frankly lose it in dealing with dead critter carcasses and the thought of dealing with one that has OD`d on X-lax?........Definately not for me! I think some of these ideas should be sent to those mythbuster guys on TV to see if they really work.....particularly the Juicy Fruit and the X-lax!

mdsmithers
10-01-2005, 01:48 PM
my source, Dr. Myles H. Bader

https://www.clubthebugs.com/m-bugs/index.asp?aid=&refcode=1001

Perhaps the misunderstanding on the gum and the xlax is that they die, they don`t, they just leave, at least that`s what he says. He was on the radio yesterday here in KC.

twopu
10-01-2005, 03:51 PM
I`m going to try killing them with the spike (harpoon) type of traps. Any tips?

ernman
10-01-2005, 05:10 PM
I got rid of mine using peanut butter on a mouse trap.

Tasty
10-01-2005, 06:25 PM
I have tried everything. Traps, baits, gum, dog hair, cat hair, etc. Nothing, I repeat NOTHING, has worked. I`ve done a lot of reading on them, and most people seem to agree all you can hope to do is make them move on to a neighbor`s yard. Killing them seems next to impossible. I long for the day when I find a lifeless mole body in my lawn.

percynjpn
10-01-2005, 09:14 PM
You should report them to the FBI, as counter-intelligence is usually their jurisdiction!