PDA

View Full Version : Stoners invisible glass - how safe

SVR
09-28-2005, 05:07 AM
Is invisible glass ok to be used on auto glass that`s coated with our most popular sealants including klasse, upp etc

How about tinted windows and uses on other surfaces?

I`m going to order the pump spray 3 pack as I hate aerosol`s

imported_kgb
09-28-2005, 05:17 AM
Is invisible glass ok to be used on auto glass that`s coated with our most popular sealants including klasse, upp etc

How about tinted windows and uses on other surfaces?

I`m going to order the pump spray 3 pack as I hate aerosol`s

Sure it`s ok to be used. I am sure it will strip the coating of wax or whatever is on your windows though. Stoner`s is safe for tinted windows.

Where are you finding the pump spray at? I have yet to find it anywhere.

gb387
09-28-2005, 05:21 AM
I would agree.... with kgb, I would imagine any glass cleaner would strip wax off windows.

SVR
09-28-2005, 05:22 AM
Autogeek have it on special, damn I was hoping it might be ok for sealed glass

Well I`m sure I will find a good use for them

Matt M, PA
09-28-2005, 06:40 AM
After reading the label on the aresol version..I`m not using it. Seems to be bad for just about anything but glass. I`m concerned about overspray on interior plastics and the like.

imported_kgb
09-28-2005, 07:41 AM
After reading the label on the aresol version..I`m not using it. Seems to be bad for just about anything but glass. I`m concerned about overspray on interior plastics and the like.

It is a glass cleaner so I would not use it on anything else. LOL But overspray on dashes and stuff will be fine. It has beena very popular glass cleaner for years and years and I have yet to hear of anyone have it ruin anything.

2k2blackWRX
09-28-2005, 08:27 AM
I use stoners IG all the time and have never had any problems. IT is probably one of the least harsh glass cleaners out there and you could probably only move down to using water instead of IG. Stoners really has a great line of products and I reccomend Xenit for those stubborn interior stains.

dionnfr
09-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Stoners is great, as for the pump I have bought it at PEP Boys and have seen it at NAPA.

Matt M, PA
09-28-2005, 01:07 PM
I like the IG, but the rest of Stoner`s products were moved to my trashcan.

The interior trim cleaner wiped the lettering off the power window switches in one vehicle, and took paint off a hard interior plastic glovebox door on another. One was my vehicle, the other a friends`.

The MSLT is loaded with silicone, and in my opinion....repeat...my opinion....caused early dry rot of a set of tires on one of my vehicles. At 303s website there is good info on tires and silicones.

Most products I used by Stoner were very strong. One curious note though. The versions of the MSLT they sell in the big drums to detailers do not contain silicones...the consumer spraycans do.