PDA

View Full Version : Glaze On Top Of Klasse SG

chgoh
09-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Have been reading and searching the forums but did not find what I was looking for. So here`s my question:

Thinking of topping SG with some wax but really liked the idea of a glaze (Megs#7, 3M IHG etc, those that are non abrasive), to deepen the color and get a wetter look. Can glazes be put onto of SG (properly cured, of course), so that it performs its function of enhancing glossiness etc.

Anyway, the background to this is that I really like the protection and durability of KSG, but wanted the wetness of a glazed and waxed surface. All of the above would be done on a properly prepped paint surface, i.e. washed, clayed, polished to removed swirl and etches etc, SG would be layered 3 times over a treatment of AIO.

Comments, ideas or opinions?

papi_jay
09-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Depends how long you want the SG to last and how willing you are to strip everything off and start fresh .

Glaze washes off with simply water , but it would work fine . I don`t know how wet over plasticky would look though

Setec Astronomy
09-27-2005, 09:32 PM
If it were me, I would go with some sort of spray wax product...Sonus Acrylic Glanz, Zaino Z-8, Optimum Car Wax, etc.--perhaps Crystal Mist. IMO you`d have to be crazy to go through the..er..."user friendliness" of #7 when you could use a spray wax or even an easy to apply/remove carnauba paste.

chgoh
09-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Depends how long you want the SG to last and how willing you are to strip everything off and start fresh .

Glaze washes off with simply water , but it would work fine . I don`t know how wet over plasticky would look though

The intent is to put a carnauba (maybe S100 or 476S/885 or 845) over the #7, IHG or whateverelse. Question is how well would the glaze stick on the SG and the wax stick on the glaze.

DM101
09-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Glaze is made to brighten a freshly polished car. Ex pre-wax cleaner, Meguire`s No. 7, Then wax or sealant. Glazes do wonders on brighting a dull looking finish by adding oils and stuff. Then you just wax it or seal it. Red Moose Glaze is a favorite here.

pontman43
09-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Question is how well would the glaze stick on the SG and the wax stick on the glaze.

Can anyone answer this???? I would also like to know.

chgoh
09-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Hi MDRX8,

Thanks for your reply.

Glaze is made to brighten a freshly polished car. Ex pre-wax cleaner, Meguire`s No. 7, Then wax or sealant. Glazes do wonders on brighting a dull looking finish by adding oils and stuff. Then you just wax it or seal it. Red Moose Glaze is a favorite here.

Reading you answer gives me a feeling that it is alright to put on KSG (sealant) on Megs #7. I`ve heard otherwise on the many threads within Autopia and the other forum, because the oils in #7 and synthetic nature of KSG don`t let them adhere quite well.

Would you like to explain you answer a little deeper?

Thanks,

gohch