PDA

View Full Version : Mother`s Plastic Polish review

pontman43
09-27-2005, 08:23 PM
I tried this stuff for the first time on my boss`s Lincoln with some extremely yellowed headlights, so bad he didn`t drive at night because the HL were almost useless.

I did this all by hand (with cotton terry for more bite) and with a lot of pressure and speed (not sure if it was needed though). It was fairily easy to use, much like a chrome polish or any other polish by hand and came off effortlessly. It took about 3-4 passes to get the HL to look like new again, but it still wasn`t as much work as I anticapated. It also leaves a very smooth, swirl/light scratch free finish. For $6 for 8oz it is well worth it. I only used about 1/2 oz or so too, so it doesn`t take too much.

Here are the pics and I think they pretty much speak for themselves.

Before

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/pontman43/HLbefore.jpg

After

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/pontman43/HLafter.jpg

Another happy customer! lol

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/pontman43/IMAG0016.jpg

pontman43
09-28-2005, 12:59 PM
No comments?

A-Spec119
09-28-2005, 02:16 PM
I love that stuff....use it all of the time...can`t beat the price

fatchance
09-28-2005, 05:57 PM
That`s amazing. I realy like the Mothers products they always deliver great resuts. Next time try the powerball with power metal polish, then finish up with plastic polish.

Great work.

imported_truzoom
09-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Either you or your boss looks very pleased! Nice work!

pontman43
09-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Either you or your boss looks very pleased! Nice work!

That`s my boss. lol He`s freakin hell-airiouse!! Makes workin fun, untill the owner comes. :(

I want to get a power ball, but just cant bring myself to spend the money on it, maybe one day.

DJ Trackie
09-29-2005, 01:28 AM
yeah i use it too, i like the lemon smell. I tried polishing my ibook with it, no luck removing the swirls though.

now you gotta work on the chrome! eck!

White95Max
09-29-2005, 02:56 AM
Holy cow...you polished the corner light so much it disappeared! :eek:

The headlights look great. Mothers Plastic Polish and PlastX have both worked very well for me to remove headlight hazing.

servo-15
09-29-2005, 05:44 AM
Looks good! The car could do with a good cleaning though, heh.

I`ve been getting good results using Poorboys SSR2.5.

pontman43
09-29-2005, 09:34 AM
Looks good! The car could do with a good cleaning though, heh.

I`ve been getting good results using Poorboys SSR2.5.

Yes the car could use a gooooooood cleaning, but my boss doesn`t make too much money and doesn`t really care about his paint. :( I did the lights for free just for a test of the plastic polish. Maybe one day I`ll talk him into given me a couple of bucks to detail it, then I`ll post pics in the click and brag, which should be good because it hasn`t been washed is a year! He used to have a civic that wasn`t washed in 5 years!!! I just wish he still had that so I could do that. ;)

Big Leegr
09-30-2005, 03:59 AM
Gotta like the Happy Campers!