PDA

View Full Version : What more could I try?

ToddW
09-27-2005, 06:43 PM
So I recently did...

IP

FPII

AIO

4* UPP

I got a nice finish but am looking for something `wetter`... From my testing it seems to be very hard to `add` wetness to my 2006 bright yellow ford paint... Suggestions on adding something to the above or using something different? I have a bunch of different stuff i`ve been playing with so your suggestions are welcome :)

-Todd

imported_Neothin
09-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Try a carnauba. on a flat color (which is what im assuming it is), ive always gotten great wetness with one. granted the flat color i had was black, but i would presume that a flat yellow would react in much the same way (as compared to something like a metallic). I`ve used Souveran, P21S, #16, and #26 and they all came out amazing.

ToddW
09-27-2005, 06:53 PM
Try a carnauba. on a flat color (which is what im assuming it is), ive always gotten great wetness with one. granted the flat color i had was black, but i would presume that a flat yellow would react in much the same way (as compared to something like a metallic). I`ve used Souveran, P21S, #16, and #26 and they all came out amazing.

Doh, forgot to mention I was going to try #26 tomororw after the UPP setup. (Or souveran I have both, what did you like best?)

Do you think I should do without the UPP or just top it like I had planned?

ToddW
09-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Here`s a pic of what it looks liek after my above process.

http://www.hostpicsfree.info/show.php?img=723867truck721.jpg

imported_Neothin
09-27-2005, 07:02 PM
I personally like souveran better, but i noticed #26 lastest longer. This was in the harshed part of the florida summer though.

When I used these products I went from polish--->aio---->wax i didnt use a sealant. I recently (like this morning) went out and bought a few things that im going to hopefully try this weekend (if theyre shipped fast enough lol). I picked up some RMG, VM, and UPP. Id like to see what aio-vm-rmg-uppx2--carnauba would look like. In your situation, id just throw the souveran on there to see what it would look like. its not like souveran is going to make it look worse :D

edit: sheesh, just looked at the pic u posted up. how much more wet do you want lol. even in low light, that paint is already dripping

ToddW
09-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Haha thanks!

I`ll add some ontop tomorow :) and compare.