PDA

View Full Version : RMG application

RogueM3
09-27-2005, 04:53 PM
I finally have ordered all of the products I plan to use for my car this weekend:

The VM is here

Nattys Blue is here

The last thing I am waiting on from Ranney is RMG. My question is should I apply the RMG with an applicator or should I use a finishing pad on my PC? I plan to apply the VM via PC with a polishing pad prior to the RMG.

If you recommend the PC to apply the RMG what speed would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

imported_Neothin
09-27-2005, 05:16 PM
my process this weekend is going to be optimum via white polishing, aio via white, vm via white, rmg via black finishing, upp via black finishing

Mk4GLI
09-27-2005, 05:17 PM
I think you can use the RMG on a finishing pad, I am planing on doing this exact combo on my car, so more info would be great. thanks

RogueM3
09-27-2005, 05:24 PM
my process this weekend is going to be optimum via white polishing, aio via white, vm via white, rmg via black finishing, upp via black finishing

I think the AIO in your setup is going to be unneeded. I usually love AIO and use it wherever possible, but having spent the past few weeks reading and posting about VM and RMG I have come to determine that VM is something like a combo of AIO and SSR1 that is going to leave some oils/protection behind. If you apply AIO over the VM it will remove the slickness that the VM leaves behind.

imported_animes2k
09-27-2005, 05:49 PM
what Rogue said... I see AIO + VM or VM + AIO basically cancelling each other out, especially via PC. Both of them have light polishing and/or cleaning capabilities and one will end up removing the other to a good degree, if not completely.

hirosh
09-27-2005, 05:57 PM
you can apply RMG with a finishing pad and your PC.

i like to follow the advice Scottwax gave me before about using RMG:

With RMG, I use a blue Propel pad, which seems between a Meguiars finishing and polishing pad in aggressiveness and I set the speed on 5 and make 3-4 slow passes using moderate pressure. It sort of disappears on the last pass. It also takes very little product once the pad is primed.

VM + RMG + Natty`s Blue should be a nice combo.

RogueM3
09-27-2005, 07:32 PM
you can apply RMG with a finishing pad and your PC.

i like to follow the advice Scottwax gave me before about using RMG:

With RMG, I use a blue Propel pad, which seems between a Meguiars finishing and polishing pad in aggressiveness and I set the speed on 5 and make 3-4 slow passes using moderate pressure. It sort of disappears on the last pass. It also takes very little product once the pad is primed.

VM + RMG + Natty`s Blue should be a nice combo.

Hey thanks a bunch for the instructions..just what I was looking for. :woot: I will have a bunch of pics when I am finished. (my blue is a good bit darker than yours..but from what I hear this combo is great on any darker color..)

imported_Neothin
09-27-2005, 08:04 PM
woot! saved me a step :D I`ll only be applying vm then.

Richt
09-28-2005, 12:23 AM
RMG works much better by PC with finishing pad than by hand. Sonus blue DAS finishing pad, speed 4-5 until it dissolves into the paint.