PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover

Pages : [1] 2

Ryan314
09-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Hey guys. I ordered some of this today and want to give it a try. I have never used an abrasive pollish before, so I`m a little scared and worried about it possibly doing some damage. I plan on doing it by hand even though I do have a rotary buffer, but I figure I should just start out trying by hand first... or can I just go ahead and use my rotary buffer?

Is there anything I need to know about this product? Is it safe? Comments on it? Tips on applying it? What should I look out for? How should I apply it?

Any replys welcome, thanks-

Ryan.

imported_howareb
09-27-2005, 07:24 PM
It is an awesome product. I have posted about 4 times regarding this product, so I would really suggest doing a search.

There is a plethora of information, from its ability to get rid of swirls to its cleaning/ prep ability.

imported_DARKSTI
09-27-2005, 08:00 PM
I love it, it takes swirls out i didnt think it could. If i am using Zaino, i prep the paint with ZPC first. I used a polishing pad at speed 6 for 3-4 passes and wiped off then applied Z5/Z2

dogma
09-27-2005, 11:27 PM
I to love ZPC. It`s very easy to use , I just started using a PC and was a little nervous at first.

But as it turns out it`s a great product it does what it says it does and leaves a squaky clean surface.

Ryan314
09-28-2005, 03:20 AM
Well I don`t have a PC, but I do have a rotary buffer... Black and Decker one to be exact. Will this be OK to use? Also, when applying this product, should I be polishing it in until it almost completely dissapears?

And after I am done using it, can I just use a regular finishing wax like Meguiars?

JeffM
09-28-2005, 03:46 AM
Ya, it will work fine.

Have you ever used a rotary before?

And what selection of pads do you have?

TGates
09-28-2005, 07:32 AM
I wouldn`t recommend going to town on your paint with a rotary if you`re never used it before. Try it out on a test panel first. The ZPC is pretty much harmless. The rotary can cause some serious problems if you don`t know what you`re doing.

Ryan314
09-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Woops my bad... I have a random orbit buffer, the Black and Decker handy buffer. It`s 3200 OPM, 7 amps, 120 volts. Is this OK to use?

As for pads, what should I use when using ZPC?

TGates
09-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Woops my bad... I have a random orbit buffer, the Black and Decker handy buffer. It`s 3200 OPM, 7 amps, 120 volts. Is this OK to use?

As for pads, what should I use when using ZPC?

Yeah, a random orbit is fine. I`m not familiar with this particular model. The forum favorite is the Porter Cable 7424. As long as they`re similar machines, you`ll be fine. I would use a polishing pad with the Z-PC.

Ryan314
09-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Ok thanks.

Also, can I just use any final carnauba wax after I use the ZPC? Like Meg`s?

TGates
09-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Ok thanks.

Also, can I just use any final carnauba wax after I use the ZPC? Like Meg`s?

I am under the impression you can use anything you`d like after ZPC. I don`t think it contains any fillers so what you see should be what you get. I have never heard of anyone using a carnauba over it, but that doesn`t mean it won`t turn out great. Give it a shot, it`s not going to hurt anything for sure.

Ryan314
09-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Ok, thanks for helping out the newb :) Very much appreciated.

PS- BlackSunShine, have you used ZPC before? If so, could you share your results?

TGates
09-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Ok, thanks for helping out the newb :) Very much appreciated.

PS- BlackSunShine, have you used ZPC before? If so, could you share your results?

Yes, I have used ZPC before. I used it by hand with a cotton applicator pad. It worked very well for me. I didn`t have any major oxidation. Just wash/dry induced minor swirling. It removed much of that and letf the finish perfect for application of a sealant. It`s very easy to work with, and if you need more "bite" out of it, wet the applicator pad. It tends to get more aggressive when mixed with water. You should have good luck with it. It`s the easiest polish I have ever used, although I have been hearing great things about Optimum Polish, so I had to order some of that. We`ll see what happens. Good luck.

Ryan314
09-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Thanks... and one more question.

If I was to use the whole Zaino kit (all the steps), could I do ZPC first, then go on to step 1 of the Zaino line of polishes?

*Edit. When applying all of the Zaino products (except for ZPC), do you just do it by hand? Or can you use a random orbital? Because on the instructions on each bottle it doesn`t say anything about using a random oribital or PC.

Ryan314
09-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Up. Anyone else have comments? ;)