PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get fed up/bored with testing new products?

benpocock
09-27-2005, 04:43 AM
I was thinking this the other day as a tried a few new products that didn`t give me significantly better results/weren`t any easier to use than the ones they were potentially going to replace.

I`ve got so many products from so many manufacturers that are all great products, but a lot of them never get used simply because I always end up reaching for the same products time and time again.

Am I alone in feeling this or do other people get to the point where enough is enough and you just can`t be bothered to try any more?

Ben

White95Max
09-27-2005, 04:48 AM
I`m getting there I think. I tried Blue Nattys on the car just to see what it would look like over UPP. It looks nice, but not the way it does with Paste Glaz. I`m also going to try regular Nattys, to do a comparison between the two, but from then on, it`s Paste Glaz all the way!

I guess I`m not quite done with testing new stuff, since I just ordered some Natural Look and PwC Blue. :o Believe it or not, I`m actually pretty anxious to try both of them.

GTScott
09-27-2005, 05:05 AM
I am in the same boat. However, my main problem is that I have a cabinet that is FULL of products that I don`t use now. I am hoping that abay gets up and working soon.

-GT

AndyC_1
09-27-2005, 05:11 AM
Got there a while back Ben!

I`m now at the point where I take probably 30-40% of my supplies out with me on other people`s cars and I use perhaps 6 or 7 in total on my own (shampoo, polish, glaze, wax etc.) - think on the 205 my list`s down to the following.

SSR2.5 (where needed)

RMG or VMW - depending on whether I`m using the PC or by hand

Wolfgang

Souveran

B&B trim/tyres

NXT or Megs Pro Glass Cleaner

Think I`d stick with these plus OCW, OCP and maybe 1 or 2 others if I had to get rid of everything.

Scary really, when I think of all the money I`ve spent!

White95Max
09-27-2005, 05:16 AM
Yeah I use up all the other stuff on other peoples` cars, and save my favorites like Paste Glaz for my car only. Although I may do a test of PG on a dark car someday.

Richt
09-27-2005, 05:27 AM
I have now got to the stage that I have products that I havent used in ages and probably wont use!

I still find it fun trying out new stuff, but sometimes things can be a big a bit of a let down.

Wasatch
09-27-2005, 05:58 AM
Feel the same way. I`ve gotten rid of alot of stuff that I will most likely never buy again.

Scottwax
09-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Now that I am using Optimum polishes, I will probably cut down on the other similar products I am using. Still trying glazes and LSPs when new ones come along.

SVR
09-27-2005, 07:01 AM
Still hungry to try new stuff

Will be testing pizazz carnuaba wax very shortly and wanting to get my hands on some nigrin and lahega products to have a go

I`m slowly gathering a musuem of old school and cutting edge technology products in my garage

No matter what I already have, I am searching for something better

Gonna try some stoners next

DM101
09-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Let us know how the pizazz wax turns out......

Mikeyc
09-27-2005, 08:11 AM
I think I`ve been experimenting with different products since I started driving 13 years ago. After about 10 years of experimenting, I got bored with it and also was very happy with the products I have been using. So, I haven`t tried anything new in a while except for new product categories like Interior QD. Although lately reading all these forums about detailing, I am itching to try some new things.

White95Max
09-27-2005, 08:18 AM
MikeyC - so it`s been several years since you`ve tried any new stuff on your paint? What are you using on it?

WSUcommuter
09-27-2005, 08:25 AM
I am on the flip side of this coin- I`m new to the "real" products but I don`t want to have to buy hundreds of dollars worth and only end up with similar results. If I find a product I like, I see no use in buying another brand to duplicate what I`m already satisfied with. Of course, the problem lurks with never being quite 100% satisfied :nixweiss

sQuashed
09-27-2005, 08:29 AM
Great question Ben !!! To find out if I have way too many products, all you need to do is ask my wife !!!