PDA

View Full Version : Want the best buffing towel period?

Pages : [1] 2

TGates
09-26-2005, 08:04 PM
You gotta get a Concours Buffing Towel. This thing makes removing any sealant/wax a breeze and it`s oh so soft. I actually look forward to removing my Zaino now.. it`s no longer a chore. :bigups on this towel.

Scottwax
09-26-2005, 08:40 PM
The Meguairs Supreme Shine towels work very well too and are available at most auto parts stores.

TGates
09-26-2005, 09:54 PM
The Meguairs Supreme Shine towels work very well too and are available at most auto parts stores.

Thanks for the heads up Scott. Is it the same type of towel as the CBT or is it a MF?

Scottwax
09-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up Scott. Is it the same type of towel as the CBT or is it a MF?

Plush MF. 16 x 24 too, I believe.

pontman43
09-26-2005, 10:26 PM
WOW, $15 for one towel?

porta
09-26-2005, 11:27 PM
$15 for a 5pack of the Meguiars Supreme Shine MF. Good towels, I got 25 of my own :D

Richt
09-27-2005, 12:16 AM
Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel here. The pack of Supreme Shines from Megs I have dont seem anywhere as near as soft or plush.

BigAl3
09-27-2005, 12:32 AM
the viking big blue microfiber drying towel (a little plusher than the megs supreme shine mf, imo) is easily one of the best mf`s i have for otc (even though that doesn`t make a difference). it`s not limited to just drying and i`ve found it removes lsp`s, etc... with a breeze. there are two different sides as one is very plush and the other fine. it`s held up after several washings without any trace of wearing down. it can be found at your local autozone or kragen for around $7.99. here`s a review of it..... :bigups

edit: also the new Viking Quick Detailing Towel is excellent!! :2thumbs:

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Viking Microfiber Drying Towel:

From the Autopia Car Care Website:

Super Soft Drying and Quick Detailing Towel

When I first got the Viking Microfiber Drying Towel in for testing I didn`t have high hopes. At only 16 by 24, it does not have anywhere near the capacity of our Ultimate Drying Towel. As it turns out, the modest size is the real beauty of this towel. You use it like a chamois

simply wipe-wring-wipe. This toweling material has the wonderful ability to be wrung out tight and continue drying spot-free.

Quite by accident I also discovered this is a great quick detailing towel. When used with your favorite quick detailing spray, this towel will safely detail your entire car. The Viking Microfiber Drying Towel is actually two toweling materials in one. On one side youll find a thick, plush terry weave thats so important for wiping away light dust and dirt without scratching. On the flip side youll find a tight terry weave that creates the final, streak-free finish. What a quick detailing great solution!

Concerned about scratches from the edging? No worries with this microfiber towel. The Viking Microfiber Drying Towel has a stitched binding thats 100% clear coat safe.

One 16 by 24 towel per package. Made in Korea. Read instructions before use.

Wasatch
09-27-2005, 06:01 AM
Excel Detail and Pakshak have some very nice towels as well.

Nitwit
09-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Aaaah, opinions!

I, myself, prefer the Micropak Ultra Plush Microfiber tower (Pakshak).

Bill D
09-27-2005, 02:18 PM
DF Towel/Concours Buffing Towel for carnauba removal and QDing with Crystal Mist/carnauba QD

Micropak Ultra, Magic Towels/Microfiber Tech Elites for "routine" QDing.

I`ll be eyeing any new,upcoming microfiber technology developments as well.

TGates
09-27-2005, 02:18 PM
I like the Pakshak Ultra Plushes for QD duty, but for buffing and final polish, I haven`t tried anything better than the CBT. I may try some of the others mentioned, though. For me, I only need a few of this type of towel as I only apply sealant once every couple of months. Three would probably suffice. I have two CBTs so maybe I will add another one of these towels to my collection.

papi_jay
09-27-2005, 10:09 PM
For final finishing sealant app and removal I never knew of anything better than sueded MF`s

They don`t hold much so you cant do anything but put it on properly and never can PULL the semi-cured wax/sealant off more than the haze with them either

Richt
09-28-2005, 12:13 AM
The Pakshak Ultra plushes are very alike to the Sonus Wunder Buffing Towel, not quite as nice to the touch though. The Pakshak Ultra plushes are my go to qd towel though. May have to try a Concours Buffing Towel next time I do an Autopia order.

Pats300zx
09-28-2005, 02:47 AM
My favs are the Pakshak Ultras and Ultra Fines. Great towel for the money. I have been using the larger yellow 16 x 24 Ultra Fine for product removal and the white Ultra Fine and Ultra Plush for QDing.